Do you smoke/allow smoking in your car?

Currently reading:

• Total voters
When I looked at my car to buy I didn't notice the stink, prob because I was concetrating on looking round it and listening to the engine etc.
BUT, when I picked it up striaght away my husband and I noticed the rancid stale stench of smoke!
When I got it home I gave it a clean and hoover and found old ciggy buts under the seats and a filthy ashtray, plus a couple of little burn marks on the seats - YEWK:yuck:
I have sprayed a bottle of Fabreez over the interior but the stench keeps coming back!
I may have to get it professionally steam valleted, but as I'm so broke at the moment, it wont be anytime soon, so I'm going to have to continue with the 10 dangling smellies all round my car, plus driving with the windows down all the way, lets hope the nice weather holds out a little longer.:eek:
So - NO WAY will I allow smoking in my car.(n)

Last edited:
If i am asked by someone if they can smoke in my car. I tell them to either go in there own car or if they don't have one, then they can use the bus and smoke whilst waiting for one to come along :ROFLMAO: lol :ROFLMAO:

ps had to give up as heart problems

if you smoke + it is your car [WHY not],its your lungs and any1 getting a lift and has a problem with it can get out if they ask?.[even in pizzin rain].lol

When I looked at my car to buy I didn't notice the stink, prob because I was concetrating on looking round it and listening to the engine etc.
BUT, when I picked it up striaght away my husband and I noticed the rancid stale stench of smoke!
When I got it home I gave it a clean and hoover and found old ciggy buts under the seats and a filthy ashtray, plus a couple of little burn marks on the seats - YEWK:yuck:
I have sprayed a bottle of Fabreez over the interior but the stench keeps coming back!
I may have to get it professionally steam valleted, but as I'm so broke at the moment, it wont be anytime soon, so I'm going to have to continue with the 10 dangling smellies all round my car, plus driving with the windows down all the way, lets hope the nice weather holds out a little longer.:eek:
So - NO WAY will I allow smoking in my car.(n)

The stink can be eliminated with a can of air con cleaner it gives you the new car smell believe it or not

i said yes to smoking,but no to eating as its easy to clean ashtray out but redrum to try and get chilli/currysauce marks out your seats.(y)

Courtesy car I got today had been smoked in....tbf first I did was empty the ashtray not that it had any effect the smell was in the seats, dash, headlining and carpets so it still stank. Got back into mine which has never been smoked in and it was just so much nicer, although tbf I did turndown a very nice car when looking for this one because it smelt like a pub ashtray.

i used to smoke (quit 2 months now lol) did smoke in the car, still let people smoke in there aslong as the windows are open.

if you hate the smell that much, take your seats out, get a scrubbing brush and a big bucket, in the bucket put some scoops of vanish oxi action, daz, lenor (makes the car smell really nice!) basically a concoction of any fabric chemical you can find...

completely soak and scrub the seats, carpet, not sure the head lining is a good idea might deform if it gets wet? if youve got fabric on your door cards scrub them aswell.

to dry just lay everything against radiators overnight, i ironed the carpet in the car aswell, heres my interior after cleaning-

100_0545.jpg

to be honest since i used to smoke the smell really doesnt bother me that much at all, but if you go to this effort it will permenantly eliminate the smell (fabreeze just covers smells) and youll get all stains out and make the interior look brand new (vanish foam stuff doesnt work at all!) so therefore your increasing the value of your vehicle(y)

sam:)

Burn marks on seats however can't be covered up so easily. My mum's cars first owner had the car about 3 weeks before passing away and only drove it about 60 miles, he smoked a pipe and it's aparent as every so often it smells of pipe smoke, tried cleaning the interior as much as possible but it's still there some days.

Burn marks on seats however can't be covered up so easily. My mum's cars first owner had the car about 3 weeks before passing away and only drove it about 60 miles, he smoked a pipe and it's aparent as every so often it smells of pipe smoke, tried cleaning the interior as much as possible but it's still there some days.

maybe its hes spirit:rolleyes:

I don't smoke nor will I allow anyone to smoke within my car, if anybody does they'll end up walking or havin' to catch a bus.

Dont smoke...horrible habit!! :yuck: wouldnt let anyone smoke in the car!! smells too much!!

so does that yellow smoked fish...stinks kitchen out for days :yuck:

I don't smoke nor will I allow anyone to smoke within my car, if anybody does they'll end up walking or havin' to catch a bus.

that include girlfriend / boyfriend / parents etc...on a long dark country road across the moors where werewolves roam?

Back