Do I want a Standard MK2 CD player?

Currently reading:
Do I want a Standard MK2 CD player?

Black!

I'm fed up with the bright blue light given off by the after market JVC CD head unit and get fed up wearing sunglasses in the night-time. Serves me right for buying without seeing it switched on!

I like the look of the original tape unit which I still have in the attic, so was wonderin' what is the standard CD head like. I don't want to go to a CD multi changer as I have an iPod and iTrip which work fine, but I do like to hear my new cds on the way home from town.

Good(y) or bad(n) ?... opinions on the Blaupunkt for the MK2 Punto please.

S!

Black! said:
I'm fed up with the bright blue light given off by the after market JVC CD head unit and get fed up wearing sunglasses in the night-time. Serves me right for buying without seeing it switched on!

I like the look of the original tape unit which I still have in the attic, so was wonderin' what is the standard CD head like. I don't want to go to a CD multi changer as I have an iPod and iTrip which work fine, but I do like to hear my new cds on the way home from town.

Good(y) or bad(n) ?... opinions on the Blaupunkt for the MK2 Punto please.

S!

Funny you should say that actually cause I am looking to replace my blaupunkt cd unit in my car!

I have uprated (JL audio)speakers that sound really good with my old sony headunit! but now that I have a new car I am back with the original headunit and it doesn't sound very good!

Probs I seem to have with it are:

1. Doesn't always read the cds, even when I put a brand new one in. I then put the same cd in my changer and it works fine!
2. I dont think it amplifiers the sound very good.
3. It looks plain and boring.
4. I could go on!

see whats i like about my alpine you can turn all the lights etc off just holding down the function button for a couple seconds. Also supposed to improve the sound quality.

Back