do i quit or not?

Currently reading:
do i quit or not?

Well, I have worked the crappy job route before, starting in a sports store on £2.45 an hour 10 years ago, infact before that it was £10 a week for a paper round (works out at £1 an hour!!)

Spent 5 years in said sports store working my way through education, then left to start a career.

As for the £20 an hour thing, yeah it is possible but to state what was stated misses the point of this thread.

Theres good money in call centres for someone your age if you can get evening work- and its the easiest thing you can do for money

Well, I have worked the crappy job route before, starting in a sports store on £2.45 an hour 10 years ago, infact before that it was £10 a week for a paper round (works out at £1 an hour!!)

Spent 5 years in said sports store working my way through education, then left to start a career.

As for the £20 an hour thing, yeah it is possible but to state what was stated misses the point of this thread.

Theres good money in call centres for someone your age if you can get evening work- and its the easiest thing you can do for money

thanks for that, funny you should mention it, my dads mate owns a telecommunication type company, wouldn't mind that.

it's being on my feet for ages in the shop that kills me after my bike accident.

thanks for that, funny you should mention it, my dads mate owns a telecommunication type company, wouldn't mind that.

it's being on my feet for ages in the shop that kills me after my bike accident.

i did call centre for a bit when at college.
its very much a job you can either do or cant.
i did it and it went fine for me though it was sales based so keeping bonus targets was king.

Learn a trade ad always have something to fall back on when things go tits up.
I learned a few, the last was turning my hand from my weekend hobby of car repairs to opening a small service repair shop, 14 years later I retired on the proceeds and haven't needed to work since. That was nearly 20 years ago!

If anyone says it's not possible to do now, I only have one word for them, but the censor wouldn't allow it here.:D

You must be able to get more than £4.45 easily. When I was a student I worked at Woolworths and earned more than that and that was 10 years ago. I like the suggestion of learning a trade, plumber, electrician, plasterer very much in demand and good pay. Alternatively get a degree from a good university and within a few years £4.45 will be a distant memory :)

As long as it isn't sales derived cold calling!. Thats the worse job in my mind :(.

50/50 was calling on behalf of companys to offer extra services.
so you are with X company and they get the call centre to call on their behalf.
so you have their details infront of you from whatever company it was.
TBH most of the time it was fairly easy sales as it was aimed at specific people

Back