General do I need a radio code?

Currently reading:
General do I need a radio code?

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Hi there, am new to this site, also new to owning a grande punto 2009, which came with very little paper work, no hand book etc.
I have a problem when hot at tick over, and it has been suggested I take the battery lead off for ten minutes and then put it back on again to clear the ECU.
That may help or not, but as I have no paperwork, I have no idea if I will then need a radio code to reset the radio.
I have had a quick look around the site, but everyone else seems to know what make their radio is, mine has no make on the front so I have no idea.
Can anyone tell me if
a) taking the battery lead off and on might help
b) do I need a code for the radio
c) how do I get a code?
Hoping someone can help me, Suel

Hi, Welcome to the FF.

If it's the original radio that was fitted to the car at the factory, then the radio code will be stored in the car's body computer, so should not be needed when the battery is disconnected and reconnected.

If it's a different radio, then you may need the code.

Last edited:
Hi, Welcome to the FF.

If it's the original radio that was fitted to the car at the factory, then the radio code will be stored in the car's body computer, so should not be needed when the battery is disconnected and reconnected.

If it's a different radio, then you may need the code.
Thanks for the rapid response! Am a complete newbie to fiat, so all help is gratefully received.
Will try disconnecting the lead and see if it helps with the lumpy tick over.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back