IMG_11651.JPG

Grande Punto DlightSwitch's Blue T-Jet.

Introduction

Hi all,

After reading these forums for a while and posting the odd silly question here and there, I'm proud to say I finally own a T-Jet :D:D

Standard for now but I do have plans for it:

Looks

• Tinted tail lights
  • Tinted/Abarth headlights
  • Black Mirrors
  • Black Alloys
Handling

• Coilovers (Either JOM or FK AK)

Performance

• Forge Induction
  • Forge Intercooler
  • Abarth Turbo
  • Some sort of custom exhaust

I'm open to suggestions though, if any of you have any ideas on what else/different to do to my car then feel free to let me know :)

Thanks for looking!
Thanks mate I was jsut curious, looked much better than most camera phones (which is what most seem to be taken with nowadays)

Yeah, I always try to take my car pictures with my DSLR, unless I'm without it, and I'm just taking a picture of the car in a random spot.

That was a very lucky break!

Loving the car :D

Yes indeed it was! I consider myself very lucky, especially since I feared the worst! And thanks Chris :)

David, I have a question for you, how do you get away with the decat when you have your mot? Also what decat pipe did you buy?

Unfortunately I don't get away with it, I have to swap it back to the standard cat. Which is why it's not popping and banging as much as usual at the minute, because I haven't decatted it again yet :eek:

It's the Ragazzon Decat pipe, I just bought it because it came up in the classifieds.

Unfortunately I don't get away with it, I have to swap it back to the standard cat. Which is why it's not popping and banging as much as usual at the minute, because I haven't decatted it again yet :eek:

It's the Ragazzon Decat pipe, I just bought it because it came up in the classifieds.
Coolio haha, how long you reckon it takes to swap the cat each time? & did it come with the lambda sleeve thing? and ive been looking at getting that one :)

Coolio haha, how long you reckon it takes to swap the cat each time? & did it come with the lambda sleeve thing? and ive been looking at getting that one :)

If your car is in a good mood it should only take 1-1.5 hours. Or it could be a right pain.

What do you mean lambda sleeve? My lambda sensor plugs straight in to both cats without issues.

Not really an update, just some more pictures.

Despite my T-Jet showing it's first ever sign of unreliability that week in the Lake District, (see previous posts) I decided to drive to Paris. A couple of friends and I decided we wanted to go to the Paris Motor Show so I offered to drive :)

Here we are at the EuroTunnel
DSC_000421.JPG

DSC_000914.JPG

My car is on a train! :eek::D
DSC_001312.JPG

DSC_00158.JPG

Headlamp converters on
DSC_00359.JPG

Motorway from Calais to Paris
DSC_00448.JPG

Unfortunately that's Kilometres per hour..
DSC_00459.JPG

French Rozzers!
DSC_00498.JPG

First time I've ever taken a picture from the passenger seat of my car..
DSC_005212.JPG

Air Freshner & GoPro
DSC_005510.JPG

Their weather is as miserable as ours..
DSC_00569.JPG

Abarths are fairly common around Paris too!
IMG_9721.JPG

Here's some pictures from the Motor show that are applicable to Fiat Forum ;)
DSC_01026.JPG

IMG_9265.JPG

IMG_9267.JPG

On the second day we had a trip to see the sights (and a photo op of course)
DSC_0330.JPG

IMG_9742.JPG

IMG_9748.JPG

IMG_9749.JPG

IMG_97521.JPG

IMG_9754.JPG

IMG_9756.JPG

IMG_9766.JPG

IMG_9770.JPG

I also managed to drive around the Arc de Triomphe unscathed! Although I did get beeped once..

I've always wanted to drive a car to a foreign country and get a picture of it in front of one of the sights, so I can cross that off my bucket list :D I hope you liked the pictures!

Nice one! Certainly beaten me to an update then! Haha

Is the go pro another tool in your camera arsenal? Been looking at the hero 2 now the 3 is out (always a cheap skate ;)) want to get one to make some videos once my update finally arrives! Ive used one before they are pretty good little things!

Good effort on the pictures aswel, shame it was as grim as here in England!!

Nice one! Certainly beaten me to an update then! Haha

Is the go pro another tool in your camera arsenal? Been looking at the hero 2 now the 3 is out (always a cheap skate ;)) want to get one to make some videos once my update finally arrives! Ive used one before they are pretty good little things!

Good effort on the pictures aswel, shame it was as grim as here in England!!

With this one yes, but my super secret modification got delivered today, so I'll be doing that soon. We can compete for whose is more exciting/crazy :D

Yep, that's exactly how I would have put it 'another tool in the camera arsenal'. It's been stuck to several supercars, motorbikes and drift cars, but I was just using it for the purpose of a dash cam for this trip. Mines the Hero2, I haven't really read many reviews of the Hero3 yet, but considering it is newer and better, decide which one you want based on your requirements and how often you'll use it ;)

Yeah I would have loved a sunny day at the Eiffel tower, but this will have to do..

With this one yes, but my super secret modification got delivered today, so I'll be doing that soon. We can compete for whose is more exciting/crazy :D

Yep, that's exactly how I would have put it 'another tool in the camera arsenal'. It's been stuck to several supercars, motorbikes and drift cars, but I was just using it for the purpose of a dash cam for this trip. Mines the Hero2, I haven't really read many reviews of the Hero3 yet, but considering it is newer and better, decide which one you want based on your requirements and how often you'll use it ;)

Yeah I would have loved a sunny day at the Eiffel tower, but this will have to do..

Oh nice (y) can't wait to see that! I'm finding out what's going out with mine tomorrow morning, hopefully good news! :D

I'd buy it more for the fact it's a compact little camera that does a great job and I wouldn't mind it being mounted on a car or something, would be rather worried with a dslr on a suction cup :eek: haha a mate said the only difference with the 3 really is it has a screen, havent really looked into it yet.

Still makes for a good picture though, leaning tower of pisa next? ;)

Oh nice (y) can't wait to see that! I'm finding out what's going out with mine tomorrow morning, hopefully good news! :D

I'd buy it more for the fact it's a compact little camera that does a great job and I wouldn't mind it being mounted on a car or something, would be rather worried with a dslr on a suction cup :eek: haha a mate said the only difference with the 3 really is it has a screen, havent really looked into it yet.

Still makes for a good picture though, leaning tower of pisa next? ;)

Yeah, DSLR on a suction cup scares the hell out of me, losing a gopro would be pretty sad, but a DSLR getting broken/lost is on a whole other scale! I bought the screen seperately for mine as I need it for positioning angles right, etc.

So, like all good update stories, this one starts with a dirty car.
IMG_8472.JPG

IMG_8477.JPG

Everyone knows that you can't do anything with a dirty car, so first thing was to give it a nice thorough wash and clay :)

Here we go, all nice and shiny! :D
IMG_8479.JPG

IMG_8481.JPG

What's this all about then?
IMG_8482.JPG

Does this answer your question? :devil:
IMG_8483.JPG

First coat on, panicking loads because it was really uneven (I was still learning to use the spray gun)
IMG_8485.JPG

Couple more coats in..
IMG_8486.JPG

IMG_8490.JPG

Almost there now! :p
DSC_000614.JPG

DSC_000715.JPG
DSC_001016.JPG

DSC_000422.JPG

Just about finished, needs peeling but it was getting dark.
DSC_001111.JPG

DSC_001313.JPG

DSC_001616.JPG

Got excited and decided to peel one of the headlights!
IMG_8492.JPG

With most major bits peeled, took it to my local Saturday night meet, where everyone was impressed and gave a hand with the peeling.
IMG_8498.JPG

IMG_8509.JPG

Unsurprisingly, this did then turn into a game.. :rolleyes:
IMG_8512.JPG

IMG_8513.JPG

Spent all of today peeling of the rest, and giving it a quick wipe over with a cloth, plus window polish and tyre shine. That brings us to now!
DSC_001812.JPG

DSC_00218.JPG

DSC_002413.JPG

DSC_002511.JPG

DSC_00268.JPG

DSC_002714.JPG

DSC_003013.JPG

DSC_003510.JPG

DSC_003810.JPG

DSC_004711.JPG

DSC_004811.JPG

DSC_00499.JPG

The finish isn't perfect, but at less than a quarter of the price of a wrap, and the satisfaction of doing it myself, I'm happy with it :D

Here's a shot I did in photoshop just for fun.
DSC_051.jpg

Hope the update lived up to your expectations, let me know what you all think (y)

I feel like you've beaten me haha was not expecting that! (y)

Looks sick! Was so surprised to see a white car, was like, hang on...
Kinda like the way it's not perfect everywhere and showing some blue through, gives it a more artic white look, keep your blue paint protected for quite a while over winter!

Have fun washing it non stop ;)

and the ice already, I had 0 degrees displayed earlier today :( not looking forward to winter much, the SS has a huge ice symbol that comes up it's like its shouting 'DONT DRIVE FAST!' find it pretty funny lol

Hey Dlight,

Am I right to say its only 3 coats of plasti-dip? I think it didnt cover 100% of the blue. Did u use thinner? Whats the finish too, is it smoove or is it grainy in places?

Have to agree with "MISC" was not expecting Plasti-Dip, was thinking more along the lines of new interior or even more performance mods BUT im glad it wasn't.

First time we have seen a proper Plasti-Dip attempt that didn't go bad, colour looks great aswell not sure if I like it more than the blue but its not as if its irreversible and change is always good.;)

Looks great anyway and well worth the update(y)

Last edited:
That look INSANE dude! Youve done a good job with that! Good for keeping your paint nice and protected over the winter months!
Even looks good with the wheels too!

What spray gun did you use? Any problems with debris or dust?

Tom

Back