IMG_11651.JPG

Grande Punto DlightSwitch's Blue T-Jet.

Introduction

Hi all,

After reading these forums for a while and posting the odd silly question here and there, I'm proud to say I finally own a T-Jet :D:D

Standard for now but I do have plans for it:

Looks

• Tinted tail lights
  • Tinted/Abarth headlights
  • Black Mirrors
  • Black Alloys
Handling

• Coilovers (Either JOM or FK AK)

Performance

• Forge Induction
  • Forge Intercooler
  • Abarth Turbo
  • Some sort of custom exhaust

I'm open to suggestions though, if any of you have any ideas on what else/different to do to my car then feel free to let me know :)

Thanks for looking!
alright mate, just looking through your thread. great car! Ive now got gymjunkies's punto grande however he took off the forge actuator and replaced the decat with a cat-back. He says its running 156bhp. Your similar setup was looking at 170 + wasnt it? Think i may need to get the map tweaked and see what that does. what you reckon? How did you manage to get 47.7 mpg? im averging around 26 at the moment :(

anyway, great progress thread. I may carry on from gym Junkies if i have the time (and money) but im new to all this, i used to play around with silly little saxos :)

As with a couple of other threads on here, ive just re-read yours and I cant express my love for your car!
Pick my T-Jet up tomorrow and needless to say Im freaking excited! Shame my bank account isnt big enough to buy all the bits needed to be getting 160bhp let along 180 :p
Get some recent pics/updates up soon dude!
Tom

As with a couple of other threads on here, ive just re-read yours and I cant express my love for your car!
Pick my T-Jet up tomorrow and needless to say Im freaking excited! Shame my bank account isnt big enough to buy all the bits needed to be getting 160bhp let along 180 :p
Get some recent pics/updates up soon dude!
Tom

Thanks! Can't wait to see pictures of your T-Jet, and my advice is, just wait patiently until the right parts come up for sale nice and cheap, that's what I did.

Updates will be coming soon when there is something to update :p

give us an update david! (y)

may I also ask how do you get to make all these videos of allll these cars? your youtube channel is brilliant car entertainment (y)

Updates will be coming, and I promise that when they do come, they WILL be exciting.

Thanks, I'm glad you like it. My parents live in Qatar so whenever I go out there to visit them it's supercar heaven. As I'm still a growing channel I'm meeting a lot of new people too, I've made some great friends and fellow enthusiasts who have given me a lot of good opportunities! I'm totally loving it :)

alright :) just read through all 20 pages and i am in love with your car haha i am also now set on getting gold wheels for my gp !

and a wee question... where did you get the custom badge ?

i got sucked in and thought i would just keep reading and ended up finishing it haha. your car deserves the kind words! its beautiful ! especially the wheels

Update tomorrow folks!

Yep it's really easy to do. Just make sure you use pure acetone to remove the existing paint, nail polish remover didn't really do the job on mine.

Thanks for reading all 20 pages and thanks for your kind words :)

With my old Grande (with blue badges) I used nail polish remover and it fogged the plastic :/ Still got one new style badge laying about, might give it another go :)

PS.. Hurry up with that Update ;)

Tom

With my old Grande (with blue badges) I used nail polish remover and it fogged the plastic :/ Still got one new style badge laying about, might give it another go :)

PS.. Hurry up with that Update ;)

Tom

Nail Polish Remover just didn't do anything for me, didn't get any of the paint off at all, only pure acetone did the trick.

So, update time. :)

Had the car MOT'd, no advisories :D
Then taxed and insured for another year! Maybe that's not so interesting to you all but I just thought I'd let you know.

A couple of friends and I decided to go for a road trip to the Lake District the other day, set off from Newcastle early and drove through the night and the fog, round lots of twisty roads, to get there to make the most of the day.

However, once we got there, my clutch pedal decided to get stuck down right outside a farm at around 7am. After having a look at the car myself, I feared the worst and thought it was the slave cylinder. I don't have breakdown cover so I tried contacting recovery companies, who all gave me ridiculous quotes. After a lot of time ringing garages and such, all 3 of our phones ran out of battery. Luckily, the farm folk were friendly; the woman had already brought us cups of tea and biscuits, so she also let us come in to use her phone. After spending about half an hour on the phone, I finally got through to the RAC, signed up for a years membership and called them out.

Here's some shots I took of the car whilst we were stranded outside the farm:
DSC_002510.JPG

DSC_00287.JPG

DSC_00399.JPG

DSC_00435.JPG

DSC_00458.JPG

DSC_00639.JPG

At around 11:45am, the RAC showed up, and after a quick inspection of my car, the bloke told me I was 'the luckiest man in the world' and that it was just a clip that had come off the hose for the clutch fluid, and I had lost my fluid. So after a quick refill of the clutch fluid, and a few pumps of the system, I had a working clutch again!
DSC_00546.JPG

At this point, I was extremely happy; I thought I was going to have to leave the car at a garage and get a train home! So we decided to make the most of the rest of our day.

Pictures on the way to the lake:
DSC_00815.JPG
DSC_00926.JPG

DSC_00954.JPG

DSC_01106.JPG

Pictures in the car park of the lake:
DSC_01497.JPG

DSC_01536.JPG

DSC_01586.JPG

Pictures taken whilst we stopped to enjoy the views from up a hill:
DSC_01733.JPG

DSC_01765.JPG

DSC_01775.JPG

DSC_01808.JPG

DSC_01874.JPG

Then, before leaving I decided to take the car for a fun little drive up Kirkstone pass, a popular road amongst car enthusiasts. So finally, here are some pictures at the top of the pass!

DSC_01981.JPG

DSC_02113.JPG

Before anyone says anything, I have thoroughly cleaned the car now, and it's back to its usual shiny state, tucked up in my garage ;)

Back