IMG_11651.JPG

Grande Punto DlightSwitch's Blue T-Jet.

Introduction

Hi all,

After reading these forums for a while and posting the odd silly question here and there, I'm proud to say I finally own a T-Jet :D:D

Standard for now but I do have plans for it:

Looks

• Tinted tail lights
  • Tinted/Abarth headlights
  • Black Mirrors
  • Black Alloys
Handling

• Coilovers (Either JOM or FK AK)

Performance

• Forge Induction
  • Forge Intercooler
  • Abarth Turbo
  • Some sort of custom exhaust

I'm open to suggestions though, if any of you have any ideas on what else/different to do to my car then feel free to let me know :)

Thanks for looking!
Hey Dlight, this video just came out from DipYourCar guys. Watch it, it will explain why u didnt get 100% coverage with ur dip over ur blue stock paint.

Fonzie is great! :slayer:

Hope this helps man. Enjoy

Re: DlightSwitch's Blue T-Jet

Been a while since I posted in here.. But I thought I might as well let everybody know there have been a few updates! (y)

First came the black mirrors, which were an easy fit.. but I do think I'd prefer them in gloss black instead so I might remove them again and get them painted somewhere. Next came some Lamin-X film, and thanks to a hairdryer, a stanley knife and a whole lot of swearing, my tail lights are no longer that horrible pink colour!

Then I bought a GSR induction kit, which I regrettably forgot to take pictures of before I fitted it..

However I did take a picture of the goodies that came in the post after that :D
IMG_1872.JPG

Forge Intercooler and Abarth VL36 turbo!

Then I got the car lowered on Eibach Sportlines
Before:
IMG_1543.JPG

After:
IMG_2065.JPG

Excuse how dirty the car is.. There's barely enough sunshine in winter to take pictures, never mind to actually clean the car :rolleyes:

Finally, I popped down to Sheffield last weekend to get a custom cat-back exhaust built for the car. :yum:
IMG_2290.JPG

It's a little on the loud side, (middle box only, no backbox) and the tailpipe may not be to everybody's taste.. but I'm happy with it. I even averaged an extra 3MPG on the motorway on the way back (y)
How much were you for the abarth turbo and where did you get it from?

unreal car mate, love the new colour ! i live quite close to you il defo be keeping an eye out for you

I swear your mental for even attempting to plastidip your car, fair play though it looks good. Keeping a white car clean is a challenge though :(

I find that I get bored if I don't do something crazy every once in a while.

How much were you for the abarth turbo and where did you get it from?

£250 and ChrisUK was right, eBay :)

unreal car mate, love the new colour ! i live quite close to you il defo be keeping an eye out for you

Thanks! If you fancy coming down to any of the local meets or anything just send me a message

Hi I've been following this thread for a while and I must say that your T-Jet is probably one of the nicest I've seen ... I'm considering a T-Jet for me next car later this year :) but yours looks mint keep us all posted :) ?

Been a while since an update so I thought I'd give it a shot

Haven't really done much to the car, I'm happy with it as it current is. It was service time recently:
IMG_9384.JPG

Old air filter compared to new one (after 5k miles)
IMG_9385.JPG

Here we are looking pretty dirty on the driveway...
IMG_9446.JPG

After cleaning that day (I love matte white! :p)
IMG_9603.JPG

Before the Fast Show I decided to make a couple of changes, I plasti dipped the wheels blue and did the badges to match.
IMG_9729.JPG

I also re-tinted my tail lights to a different style, similar to the abarth rear lights
IMG_97481.JPG

Unfortunately due to the bad weather at the Fast Show, the recently-done blue plasti dip on the wheels did not survive the weekend :(
IMG_9810.JPG

I went for a drive round the Lake Districts again a few weeks ago, enjoying some really incredible roads, the car handled like a charm, although the edge of grip can be crossed a lot easier without the rear seats in, with the light and responsive steering, I could easily deal with it. The EBC pads and discs are still holding up nicely too, excellent braking power which is much needed after being on the boost :D

Didn't take too many pictures due to low phone battery, but I do have this shot of 2 Lotus Exige's that came and parked next to me whilst we were having breakfast.

IMG_04514.JPG

When the weather stays nice for long enough for me to wash the car I'll take some proper photos and update you all again (y) Thanks for reading

Great thread, just read it from beginning to end, i really like the plasti dip look, definitely my first time seeing it on a punto, must be an absolute nightmare to keep clean now though. Think ill be checking on this thread/coming back to it for pointers once i start making changes to my t-jet

fantastic thread/car mate read all the way through it a few month back. love the plasti dip too top work mate.

Jordan.

Good to see some more pictures mate, looking good as ever, look forward to seing some clean pics! (y) Not too sure on the blue, is the plastidip colour range fairly limited? Would like to see some mental colour on the wheels :yum:

The colour range is alright, there's fluorescent and glow in the dark colours, or you could just mix your own colours by buying a few tins. I went for the blue because of the interior bits I've already got done, forge hoses are blue etc. I would have loved to got for a mental colour but I decided to keep it in line with the rest :p There's always my next car

Great thread, just read it from beginning to end, i really like the plasti dip look, definitely my first time seeing it on a punto, must be an absolute nightmare to keep clean now though. Think ill be checking on this thread/coming back to it for pointers once i start making changes to my t-jet

It does show the dirt a lot more, but with it just being plasti dip I can wash it with cloths and sponges and not worry about swirl marks or water spots, so the cleaning process is easier really.

Whoop update, cars looking very cool david with the plastidip wheels :):)

Cheers mate

Still haven't got the chance to take some proper pics, but here's a couple of iPhone-Quality shots for now.

IMG_06003.JPG

IMG_06184.JPG

You'll notice both shots are taken from the same side, that's because I overestimated the amount of blue Plasti Dip I had left and only managed to do 2 wheels. :D It's fun to be different anyway

Still haven't got the chance to take some proper pics, but here's a couple of iPhone-Quality shots for now.

IMG_06003.JPG

IMG_06184.JPG

You'll notice both shots are taken from the same side, that's because I overestimated the amount of blue Plasti Dip I had left and only managed to do 2 wheels. :D It's fun to be different anyway

Car looks awesome dude gave me a great read last night and some inspiration on possibly plasti-dipping my car :D keep up the great work man!

Back