diy software for blue and me

Currently reading:
diy software for blue and me

jameshobiecat

Established member
I believe i'm correct in saying that blue and me runs windows mobile as an operating system so I wondered if it would be possible for third parties to write software for it?

Obviously with only a simple text display any app would be limited but one app i'd like would log data about my journeys in far more detail than eco drive. For example i'd like to be able to use my pc to view a graph of my speed against time or mpg against speed.
Other apps could be written for all sorts of things.

Smart phones could be used to provide gps and internet connections allowing blue and me to warn of traffic, navigate or even show the football score on the dash.

I think fiat are missing a trick by failing to provide more apps.

Just wondered if diy apps are theoreticaly possible.

Apps are possible since this is WinCE automotive and eco drive is only one of apps. You can find SDK for it, but still 500 is not that popular and FGA won't give you lots of apps. They definitely will never make an app to show service information. Still it would be great if ecodrive would have incar ecoindex indicator on the dashboard

Hi

I have been thinking along the same lines, so was interested to see your post.

I am currently looking around for:
+ information on the content of Blue and Me transmission
+ format of data recorded on the memory stick
+ methods of stimulating various Blue and Me transmissions.
with a view to putting together an Android app (for fun only)

Can we pool information?

Regards

Tony

I know nothing! I am waiting for some software wiz to create the apps for me.

Today I have found that Fiat control are being less than helpful with the provision of information.

The Blue&Me module that I bought as part of the car is cheerfully transmitting data about whether you have a heavy right foot.

When I made a request for the content of these transmissions I received the rather frosty reply ". . . we cannot release the information you are looking for due to copyright and protected software."

I don't think you will be seeing a smartphone app any time soon!

:bang:

Last edited:
Back