DIY Dentistry do you?

Currently reading:
DIY Dentistry do you?

do you do your own dentist work?

• Total voters
Both my eldest brother and father in law pulled there own teeth out,Both where Pitmen and i believe is was common practice amongst them to do it

never having had any fillings or dentistry work i must say no i would never do it myself. I'd be too scared :p

Saw this on a news program once there was this guy who always pulled his own teeth ..they even showed him pulling one :eek:

You tie a piece of string round the tooth & the other end to a doorknob & then brace yourself & slam the door,
It must be true I saw it in the Beano once:p:D

NO no and no!

How could you pull your own teeth... ugh... makes my tummy go funny.

Im a big wimp, takes me weeks of pain to find the guts to go, then i normally make my mum come with me.

Everytime i work myself up so much im sick lol

Im lucky to have good teeth tho so i dont go a great deal, only prob ive had is wisdom teeth didnt have enough room.

But we do have an emergancy dentist when ours is closed, and ours are good at getting you in quick if need be.

NO no and no!

How could you pull your own teeth... ugh... makes my tummy go funny.

Im a big wimp, takes me weeks of pain to find the guts to go, then i normally make my mum come with me.

Everytime i work myself up so much im sick lol

Im lucky to have good teeth tho so i dont go a great deal, only prob ive had is wisdom teeth didnt have enough room.

But we do have an emergancy dentist when ours is closed, and ours are good at getting you in quick if need be.

That sucks when I was in agony I rang every dentist in the north east and they where either full / longer than six weeks delay :bang:. Ended up going to hospital in the end and using the resident dentist.....

NHS is about as good as DIY so it doesnt matter really, if you DIY then you have less chance of losing the wrong tooth, and its cheaper, but your 5 minutes of research on the web cant replace the 6 weeks part time training at a community college that every NHS dentist has had.

NHS is about as good as DIY so it doesnt matter really, if you DIY then you have less chance of losing the wrong tooth, and its cheaper, but your 5 minutes of research on the web cant replace the 6 weeks part time training at a community college that every NHS dentist has had.

That’s very cynical. You need a Degree to be a dentist. You need the college course to be a dental hygienist.

i smashed a tooth in a biking accident and tried everything to get it out, dunno why people are so affraid of it though, it hurts less to remove it than it does to put up with it., i ended up going to the dentist in the end though coz i couldnt get a grip on it, there a lot harder to pull than you'd think.,lol

now i have to go back to the dentist coz my wisdom teeth arnt comming down right.,

i have an impacted wisdom tooth, it sits 90degrees sideways and is hardly sticking out of the gum, it was like that for years, but a few weeks ago it started to rotate the right way up, its about 15degrees of the way there, come on tooth you can do it!

Last edited:
i have an impacted wisdom tooth, it sits 90degrees sideways and is hardly sticking out of the gum, it was like that for years, but a few weeks ago it started to rotate the right way up, its about 15degrees of the way there, come on tooth you can do it!

Are you telling us you look like chip foose in his dodgy dentures Jug :eek:

Back