100_3147.jpg

Cinquecento Diwiak's Cinq

Introduction

See signature,

running allright, except usual service jobs therewas: broken clutchcable, broken timing belt, jammed rear brake cylinder, opened thermostat;
CV joint boots are still waiting to repair;
done around 15k miles, very cheap parts, cheap to run, easy to repair;
fuel consumption from 5 to 7.4 litre/100km (highway/heavy city traffic-dublin :mad:-made 7.8 litre/100km once(n))

100_3147.jpg

DO_inside.jpg

alarm.jpg

DO.jpg

10032007_005_.jpg

lights1.jpg

Polish alu+rubber intake kit (http://www.pk-tuning.pl/) with 899's TB(winter setup on this picture), simota breather filter(http://www.simota.com/) and italian sprintfilter 75.4 Supercompetition(polyester)(http://www.sprintfilter.com)

More mods will come mostly mechanical, also better pictures(waiting for sunny weekend).

Bye
free afternoon so played with this

mf_231672747_a68c60f3b0cb0584c971a9dcd2d77f2e.jpg

prepared for summer, cleaned underbody from all the roadsalt and gravel, rustremover, then painted, painted exhaust pipes with silver high temp color-only few small rusty spots at rear axle, at bumper brackets and all over exhaust backbox,
mounted alloys with XR611s

, now fixing idle problem (sometimes runing low, changing revs, sometimes dies), will see tommorow if it was only dirty idle valve(there was loads of carbon inside)

Updated pics 07/2009:

More service history:

New Idle Control Valve(idle solved), new clutch cable (pretty smooth now), changed oil+filter+air sport. filter cleaned, 120.000kms, after approx. 5.000kms no coolant loss at all (knock knock), small consumption of oil

Dobry den Diwiak.

Where abouts in SK are you based? I lived in Blava for a few years and drove a beutifully restored PolskiFiat 126..I still talk to some of the guys I used to know out there on Facebook..they were all fiat nuts as well.

And I can say zmrzlina..:D

hi there, what nation..?? me from BB, middle of slovakia, not pure fiat nut.
if u can say zmrzlina than you are pretty skilled :)
btw. driving my cinq through 'blava' yesterday, been in austria :D

I live back in Northern England now. Me and the wife spent 2 years working for the American school in Petrzalka. Her Uncle lives in SK as well. BB, thats Banska Bistrica isnt it.

I have a mate in Blava whose dad runs the Vintage car museum at the old railway station. He had all kinds of stuff including a few lovely old Fiat 500's and a skoda 110R.

Over here I have a Cinquecento sporting, the identical colour to yours, with the steering wheel on the other side. Its been great in the snow recently, we have got some Slovak weather in Britain at the moment.

What you been doing in Austria, Skiing/ I used to love trips to Vienna in the summer time...happy days:)

If you click the links on my side bar, you can see my old 126 parked next to the uncles car in a village near Trnava, and the other profile is my current UK car

Last edited:
Ive been in IRL for 2 years, driving RHD silver cinq similar to yours (btw. I bought it from slovak girl living in IRL :)),
my sister had rusty tricky 126 in red color years ago(driving it on snow, pretty funny:))-what a coincidence :D

my gfriend did some shopping in austria, boring for me

yes BB is banska bystrica, and for a change we have lovely islandish weather here, global warming is going crazy :rolleyes:

lot of british are buying properties at the hills here, wont you come back ?? :D

for user 'phatcent':

cut here, find tube with similar diameter and lenght (try junkyards)and weld it in same direction as cat-this is very important, because rest of exhaust wont be sitting very well-touching and knocking on underbody, then fix with new fastener as normal part
cinq81-2.jpg

or you can do it like me-weld short piece of pipe with higher diameter on that front exhaust pipe and put that pipe in-you can swap to cat without welding anytime
cinq101-2.jpg

use new fasteners and exhaust sealer, store your cat if youll need it. seis exhaust should be the same

Last edited:
And one technical problem - I have some oil leak from engine, cant locate it exactly, its somewhere around oil filter, and its running over oil sump - anybody have an idea?? its not too much but better fix it

by the way cinqy is running great, will need new tyres and still cv joints are waiting for fixing,

will install also interior neon lights under dash as well with boot light,
also loud air horns, maybe some side tribal red stickers same as on the boot :D:D
Great little car...

If the oil is coming from the 'area of the oil filter' just a quick question?

When you serviced the car you changed the oil filter?

If so did you smear fresh oil on both sides of the rubber seal? I say this as sometimes it is forgotten. When the filter is tightened(just slightly more than hand tight??) a dry seal can 'pucker'(crease) and not make a good seal!!

If it's from elsewhere and not there then maybe you know someone who owns a 'lift' to get under the car, after a run on the road and check with the engine running???

Best regards

Malcolm

bit late response :D, this car was scrapped 2yrs ago :p

yes u have to put oil on that rubber gasket onto oil filter, otherwise u wont unscrew it next change (n)

that oil leak was from rocker cover seal flowing down around filter and to crankcase,

worse thing of that cinq was oil consumption going very wrong, somewhere to 4L from change/to/change and still worse(probably consequence of prevous owner poor servicing and runnin it with one spark missing for a long time), so, I said goodbye my friend (and to my ex-girlfriend too)

Back