Distortion :(

Currently reading:
Distortion :(

ne1l

Established member
Right I installed my new JBL speakers over the weekend and they have improved the sound in the car greatly from the standar guff :D

Anyway when I turn up the volume (now I ain't talking blow the windows out loud) but more simply louder:p the speakers are distorting quite badly :mad:

Any idea what could be causing this and how to rectify it. On songs with loads Bass they distort at even lower level of volume. But for 99% of any songs I've listened to so far it's only when you turn in up slightly.

Here's what's installed:

http://www.motor-world.co.uk/kroozin/show_prod.php?prod_id=626

linked too:

http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/product_detail.jsp?product_id=10477&taxonomy_id=25-121

I do intend to install an sub linked to an amp shortly? But I don't really have the space to go installing loads amps to run all my speakers/sub etc as I still need as much boot space and interior car space as poss.

At the end of the day I just want a quality sound system that can be turned up enough to enjoy the music but not deafen everyone within 10 miles ROLF!!!!!!!!!!1(y)

The HU amp just can't give any more - sounds like the HU's amp is sending a clipped signal. Those comps need to be amped.

Ok :D

So? How many amps is that gonna require for all 4 speakers and a sub??

Could I even amp the front two speakers and fade 80% or 90% of the sound to the front and just leave the rears as they are with slight sound with a sub in the boot.

I'll probs got with a JBL sub/amp too around either 500W or 1000W (10")

Looking for ideas from you all to what I could do for a best set-up scenario?? (y)

What exactly have you got installed and what's your budget?

As I said before???????????? ;)

The HU, The JBL speakers and a JBL Sub/Amp to be installed probs this weekend.

Don't have a budget coz I have all I want.

I ain't gonna go start adding loads stuff to the car coz in my eyes it just ain't worth it.

If you have the fronts ampped you wont even need the rear speakers you wont be able to hear them over the ampped ones at higher volumes.

Plus better for sound to just turn the rears off.

Back