Sound Distortion

Currently reading:
Sound Distortion

Mr_noir_1976

Hi guys,

i have a mk1 punto sporting,with 6x9 500w rears,110w door speakers,and standard(soon to change) dash mounted speakers,all running from sony HU.

my problem is i am getting distortion from the rears,ive re-wired using thicker cable but still no joy,it has been fine for months and only recently started to sound poor,im totally bemused and need all the help i can!

can anybody advise or suggest a solution,what am i doing wrong?

cheers in advance!!

Sell the 6x9s, and put the cash towards getting uprated fronts. Personally, if you got speakers in the front doors, I would consider taking the dash speakers out altogether and just keeping the door speakers. The money you would have spent on uprating the dash speakers and from selling the 6x9s could go towards getting a nice amp and uprated components for the front (y)

As for an amp, you need to consider what you want to use it for - is it just for a pair of speakers or would you consider adding a sub in the future? Would you go second hand? You can get some real bargains and get excellent quality amps for very little cash :)

Cheers guys!,
gonna have a looksie on the 'bay,see whats what,not looking to rock the world with a top notch set up,just as long as i can play my shakin' stevens at full pelt with no distotion,then im happy!,

although i think ill dump the dash speakers as they are poo,and just keep the rest,i have no clue how to wire amp in though,does it go to all speakerrs or just rear or front?

no rush for answers mind as i aint got one yet!,lol,and im on me jollies next week for a fortnight so its gonna be a few weeks before i start to install!!

again thanks for help chaps!!

well do chaos said, from the sound of things you 6x9's probably cost 20 pounds? :) and your front speakers... :p

why have a budget set up so you can have front and rear speakers when you could have a more decent set up with just front speakers and it costing the same, and it would sound better (y)

imo-

on ebay theres usually some alpine 2x50 watt rms amps second hand and they sell for 30 or under, then buy some decent speakers pumping out 50ish watts rms. (y) and wiring kits are 15 pounds for one that powers an 2x80 watt rms amp.

Back