General Dim clock

Currently reading:
General Dim clock

Israeli

I recently bought a 1995 Tempra 1.6 i.e. The clock is so dim that the time cannot be read during the day or night.

Is this normal?

No, this is not normal. Clock should be vissible during day and night.
I suppose you have electronic (digital) dashboard ???
In that case a light bulb is located at the back of the clock, and probably broken.
In this case you have to build the electronic dash out of the dashboard (losen the screws), take the dash out and replace the lightbulb.
Clock should be vissible again.
Regards, Fleppenstijn

Hi,

The dash is not electronic, but the clock is. The clock is a separate unit next to the main console. I am sure that you are correct about the clock light.

Only thing is that I have taken the dash out so many times to fix the main console lights, I will wait until I really have to take the dash out again and then I will fix the clock light.

Thanks for shedding light on the subject.

Israel.

No, this is not normal. Clock should be vissible during day and night.
I suppose you have electronic (digital) dashboard ???
In that case a light bulb is located at the back of the clock, and probably broken.
In this case you have to build the electronic dash out of the dashboard (losen the screws), take the dash out and replace the lightbulb.
Clock should be vissible again.
Regards, Fleppenstijn

Did you ever solve this problem?
Hi,

The dash is not electronic, but the clock is. The clock is a separate unit next to the main console. I am sure that you are correct about the clock light.

Only thing is that I have taken the dash out so many times to fix the main console lights, I will wait until I really have to take the dash out again and then I will fix the clock light.

Thanks for shedding light on the subject.

Israel.

Back