Technical Differences between GP models

Currently reading:
Technical Differences between GP models

Well I'm not retarded lol :D What I meant by it looks fine is that its filament looks as it should, not that it just resembles a bulb :p
But no I haven't replaced it or tried it in anything else, I don't know where else I can try it.
If it's a 501 bulb like Andy Monty said then you'll probably find them fitted to all the other small lights on the car - things like indicator side repeaters etc., so you could try robbing one from somewhere else on the car to see if it works.

They're not expensive bulbs though - you can pick them up for a couple of quid for 2 in Halfords (and cheaper online) so if I were you I'd buy some and try swapping the bulb out - any you don't use are handy to keep as spares.

Hi
IIRC the Star jet also came with a six speed g/box whereas the T jet was 5 speed. I know when I first looked at a GP Sporting, I was shown a Starjet and it definitely was none turbo.

The T jet is turbo'd and for the price you'd pay for the kit to fit to a Star jet and the cost of fitting (unless you are competent) then it won't be worth it. Unless you plan on keeping the car for a long time. If like me at 17 I didn't keep cars for long at all so I would suggest staying with the search for a good T Jet.

BTW I sold my T jet in Dec 09 with 5700 miles on at 21 months old.:eek:

If it's a 501 bulb like Andy Monty said then you'll probably find them fitted to all the other small lights on the car - things like indicator side repeaters etc., so you could try robbing one from somewhere else on the car to see if it works.

They're not expensive bulbs though - you can pick them up for a couple of quid for 2 in Halfords (and cheaper online) so if I were you I'd buy some and try swapping the bulb out - any you don't use are handy to keep as spares.
Ok thanks, I'll swap the bulb for one of the side repeaters or something and see if it works, if not then I'll buy another.
Does the fact that it shows the hatchback open warning when the boot is open mean that it's unlikely to be a leaky boot lock?

Ok thanks, I'll swap the bulb for one of the side repeaters or something and see if it works, if not then I'll buy another.
Does the fact that it shows the hatchback open warning when the boot is open mean that it's unlikely to be a leaky boot lock?
I think the issue with water damage to the latch causes the switch in the latch to not notice the boot has opened, and so it wouldn't show the warning on the dash or turn the light on.
The fact that the dashboard warning is working discounts that, pointing to it being an issue with the light itself, not with the bootlid sensor switch.

Back