General diesel fuel cap

Currently reading:
General diesel fuel cap

scorps02

Hi there, I just got my 75 mylife with a locking diesel cap, I'm disabled and can only use 1 hand so this cap is proving impossible to use, my partner has to refuel, is there an alternative I can get?

Thanks is advance

Hi there, I just got my 75 mylife with a locking diesel cap, I'm disabled and can only use 1 hand so this cap is proving impossible to use, my partner has to refuel, is there an alternative I can get?

Thanks is advance

Morning Brother Qubist,

I know exactly what you mean, you do need a high level of dexterity to manage the genuine fuel cap. Unfortunately I know of no other locking cap which will fit, you could always use one of the cheap rubber push in type, though I suspect fuel on a full tank may slosh past it, and if would be no deterrent to folks who wanted to relieve your tank of a few gallons. If you find another answer, post it on here, good luck.

Qube O :worship:

Thnx qube O , was thinkin of going down halfords, they do 1 4 20 quid ish . It's a proper diesel cap that only allows diesel in to your tank so there no mistakes with fuel but I don't think it fits the Qubo yet i

We also have an Abarth 500 as well as the Qubo and you can get a really snazzy abarth cap that also fits the Qubo. have a look here:

http://www.partsworld-uk.com/products/311-abarth-scorpionfuel-grande-500.aspx

Hi Drawblood,

Thats sure some 'cap', it costs about the same as a full tank of fuel..............but even so it could be the answer to easier filling. Only downside being, if some little so&so helped themselve to a few gallon of your diesel, he would probably nick the 'cap as well............

Take care, Qube O :eek:

As far as i'm aware the the fuel cap for the Panda M/j does not require a key.
Check it out with dealer, also i'm pretty sure my daughters old Grande Punto GP did not have a lock either.

Ian

Hi peeps, just been to fiat dealer & they was also baffled to what to do but the rep I delt with said we will try a fiat panda as they have a push on cap . It's a lower spec panda also petrol version but the cap did fit! Dealer is goin to phone me in wk to c if they can get 1 4 me with price 2 . I'm gonna avta get a sticker wiv diesel on so won't get confused wen filling car .... Mick

Back