dell reinstallation cd

Currently reading:
dell reinstallation cd

Anyone know where I can get a copy from, cant find any on the dell website and lost the one that came with pc :eek:

My dad comp broke and I gonna have to reinstall operating system (xp)(n)

Anyone know where I can get a copy from, cant find any on the dell website and lost the one that came with pc :eek:

it all varies depending on the year it came out maybe even month? what model the computer is and so on.

bext bet would be a windows disc and then download all the software for the components once upand running.

i have a couple of free copies lying around lol (being a computing student) i get them free legally lol :) all thanks to the MSAA :) lol

What model is it? I have about 20 dell windows XP SP2 discs kicking about - could put one in post if you wanted? for the drivers etc, get the service tag off the box and put it in the support section of www.dell.co.uk that will get everything you need.

What model is it? I have about 20 dell windows XP SP2 discs kicking about - could put one in post if you wanted? for the drivers etc, get the service tag off the box and put it in the support section of www.dell.co.uk that will get everything you need.

how much do you want for one, iv needed one for about a month, been waiting for one from someone else but iv been using safe mode for a month its getting annoying :bang:

On the newer Dell pc's you can press F8 on boot up to go into the Dell recovery program, this will let you enter the "Dell Factory Default Restore Image"

Gaz,

I see it is Windows XP,to access this follow these instructions- When the Dell splash screen appears during the computer startup process, press and hold <Ctrl> and then press <F11>. Then, release both keys at the same time.In the Dell PC Restore by Symantec window, click Restore. Alternatively, press <Tab> to highlight Restore, and then press <Enter>.

When a warning message appears stating that all data will be lost, click Confirm, or press <Tab> to highlight Confirm and then press <Enter>.

The Progress window will appear. Once the restore process starts, Dell PC Restore by Symantec usually takes about 8 to 10 minutes to finish.

When the restore process is complete, the following message will appear:
The system recovery process was successful.

Last edited:
you used to be able to download the dell install ISO from Dell. ring them up and they should be able to give you the file name and a short cut. the las dell customer i had pai £25 for a new set of dell restore cds to be sent out for her desktop brand new origionals

Back