Technical Dead obd2 port!

Currently reading:
Technical Dead obd2 port!

hello!
today i bought this Blue Tooth obd2 adapter and i have some problems:
20191008171526_diagnostiko_aytokinitou_super_mini_bluetooth_elm327.jpg

first time i connect this adapter to the car obd port a red light go on and a green blink for a second. but after a couple of minutes sudenly all lights on the adapter go off and never turn on again. i disconect it and connect it again, turn off and on the ignition key but looks like the same. Also tested another obd device but the problem is the same.
After some research i found 1 fuse off.
Actualy:
IMG_20230510_205124.jpg

but even with this fuse replaced the problem remain.

Any suggestion?

When testing using OBD port I sometimes use this "break out" box, it comes with a OBD lead that plugs into the box but also has an other plug so you can still use a OBD tool etc. at the same time.
The advantage as you may see from the photo is it allows you to see if the OBD lives and earths are all working including chassis and signal earths etc. but you can safely probe for Can Bus readings also. I am still learning with it.
It may be possible if careful to test using a voltmeter to see if you have the other earth points working on your OBD port without this box.

Attachments

• DSCF0810.JPG
    DSCF0810.JPG
    455.7 KB · Views: 26
When testing using OBD port I sometimes use this "break out" box, it comes with a OBD lead that plugs into the box but also has an other plug so you can still use a OBD tool etc. at the same time.
The advantage as you may see from the photo is it allows you to see if the OBD lives and earths are all working including chassis and signal earths etc. but you can safely probe for Can Bus readings also. I am still learning with it.
It may be possible if careful to test using a voltmeter to see if you have the other earth points working on your OBD port without this box.
Thanks for your quick answer. Unfortunately I don't have access to such good tools. Can you be a little more specific? Some help which pins need to be checked and how?

Thanks for your quick answer. Unfortunately I don't have access to such good tools. Can you be a little more specific? Some help which pins need to be checked and how?
It wasn't an expensive tool , just cheap from eBay.
If you expand the photo you will see the numbers correspond with the same pin outs on an OBD port and in the photo and on the box is written what they do, so no.16 red should be battery voltage if you test with a simple volt meter, No. 4 chassis ground/earth and No.6 Signal ground or earth. Obviously being careful not to short out anything.
These will tell you if your OBD port is powered up to operate diagnostic tools, then it is also possible to measure signal volts from Can bus etc.
The benefit of the "break out box" is to help reduce the chance of shorting terminals.
I am not an expert on modern electronics, mainly what is readily available online.
If you find that model of box on eBay the details in the advert give quite a lot of information:) .

Back