Technical OBD2 Connection

Currently reading:
Technical OBD2 Connection

FranksQubo

Hi all, looking to clear an inlet manifold temp fault and was hoping someone could tell me what setup they use to connect to OBD and clear engine faults?

There are dozens & dozens of options, thats the problem, none say they WILL connect only that they might. I was hoping to get confirmation of make, model which WILL connect. I have tried 2 and they didnt! Do you have a Qubo? What do you use?

There are dozens & dozens of options, thats the problem, none say they WILL connect only that they might. I was hoping to get confirmation of make, model which WILL connect. I have tried 2 and they didnt! Do you have a Qubo? What do you use?

Its possible you have a problem

Basically OBD is an industry standard

P... codes for Engine faults should be accessible to everything

However..

MultiECUScan software is Italian car focussed.. so should work on your ABS.
DPF as well as basic engine

Have a look at the members register to see if somebody is local to you :)

Charlie... near the M4

Ok thats good to know, it is a P code, I think it was P0096.

A friend of a friend briefly got connection to read code but was never able to get do it again to clear it. I have a hand held device but that has never been able to connect either.

I have been to MultiECUScan software site which covers thousands of cars and the problem is getting the right usb connection and also the right coloured adapter to go with. There doesnt seem to be anyway to know!!

I have been thru the members register and there is no one anywhere near me in the NE.

I have a usb cable I use on my own car, a BMW, no idea if it would work with a Fiat. I will try downloading the free software and see if I can get it to connect. No idea why this a such an impossible difficult car to get an ECU connection!!

OK, I have found an iDiagnostic ELM cable 'designed for Italian cars' and a few coloured adapter cables. I have tried every combination and always get the same error msg

"CONNECTION FAILED"

"You need ELM 327/OBDKey interface to connect to this module!"
"Check your cable and serial port settings!"

When the cable isnt even connected I get the same msg!

The software gives me 4 choices of 'Control Module' all Marelli, I have no idea how I would know which one is correct? Not that it makes any difference at the moment, any suggestion how I find out which to pick?

Actually the first thing I did was scan (for modules) after about 30secs it just said COMPLETED.....that was it, nothing.

So it seems the software isnt recognising its connected to anything which is a little odd.

Back