Dead battery

Currently reading:
Dead battery

dan818

So i fitted my new ICE
alpine head unit, 10" type e sub and amp only 150w or something

But now my battery completly drains if im not driving it everyday
Ive checked that the engines charging it and nothings left on

So i thought it must be something to do with the puntos having a constant live so the HU doesnt turn off automatically

But if i take the face plate off surely it breaks the circuit? :confused:

So im stuck for answers really
if i got a new battery would the problems be solved (is it just an old dodgy battery?)

Thanks
Dan

Oh and also, i cant get the HU in all the way coz of the mass of wires behind it

any genius ideas?

Last edited:
If you tap into the cars ignition using a 10 amp fuse online to the yellow wire on the Hu then you shouldnt get any more trouble. But yeah sound like a knackered battery as well.
As for the wires there are small gaps to the right at the back I believe. You need to work them into the gaps as much as you can as you put the unit in.

Do a search for ignition this has been covered quite a bit. If you mean how to physically get a fuse online then I will post up some links when I can get to a comp.

You would think taking the head unit facia off breaks circuit but it doesnt, my alpine drew 250ma with the facia off and 750ma with the facia off and iPod connected, till i wired it to the ignition.

I flattened my bat once of twice ^_^

You would think taking the head unit facia off breaks circuit but it doesnt, my alpine drew 250ma with the facia off and 750ma with the facia off and iPod connected, till i wired it to the ignition.

I flattened my bat once of twice ^_^
I'm doing this today! Thanks for that, mines an alpine too and I was having trouble with this a while ago.

Most HU's have some type of flashing LED's behind the facia, so it flashes once its taken out.

Makes sense that they are still being powered.

Yeh true that!
Succesfully ran mine up to ignition.
Has anyone here heard about the other type of ignition where you have the key in and power still runs to the radio?
So you can turn the ignition off but have the key in and power still runs, then once the key is removed the radio shuts off.
My Dad was telling me about it when I was doing this yesterday but we decided Fiat didn't include this so just ran it up to ignition.

Back