Car radio draining battery

Currently reading:
Car radio draining battery

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶

Hi all I have an aftermarket radio in my Punto Mk2b its a cheap aldi one but has served me well since 2009 no sub or anything etc just the head unit. It was fitted by a fiat garage who have it linked up so it won't work when the iginition is not on it only keeps my presets and has a little led that flashes to look alarmed I assume.

Anyway for the past year I have had issues with my car battery draining and after having to jump start the car the other week I noticed the radio didn't work. Since then my battery has been holding charge. Today I managed to get the radio working by unplugging it and reconnecting it. I then decided to try a multimeter with the car off. It says its using 11 amps!! I disconnected the radio and its using 0.3 amps! Any idea what could be doing this? In case I have read my multimeter wrong (wron settings) I have attached a photo of the settings I used.
Thanks
DdAi6UO.jpg

OK it's actually still draining that much with the radio pulled out just tried it again so I'll postin the Punto forums.

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back