Technical Dashboard instruments keep dropping to zero

Currently reading:
Technical Dashboard instruments keep dropping to zero

Jibber

Can anyone help?
All the dashboard instruments keep failing. Temp, fuel, speed and revs all point to zero like they're loosing power for a second or two then all come back. Has anyone else had this, any ideas?

I had this in a Seat. Was rogue voltage comming from ignition system effecting the ECU- as the choke would also come on. Drove me nuts for weeks then when I changed the plugs, leads, dizzie cap and rotor arm I no longer had the fault.

Dont think this would be in the stilo, could be a loose connection

Cheers I already have a suspect D4 connector I'm going to check out, I hope that might fix all my problems but I doubt it.
Nobody told me owning a Fiat could be this painful

Jibber said:
Cheers I already have a suspect D4 connector I'm going to check out, I hope that might fix all my problems but I doubt it.
Nobody told me owning a Fiat could be this painful

D4 conector is behind the battery i located it the other day on top there is a lever pull this up and a front part well slide out couldnt the damn thing apart though if you do repost (y)thats the fun part of fiat owner ship THE PAIN

yea i have the same problem on my abarth too, most of the time i'm in 5th gear dropping it down into 4th and thats when it happens with me, not sure why though ?

I haven't noticed any specific action i'm doing when it happens like dropping from 5th to 4th. I have noticed its getting more frequent though. If it gets much worse I'll have to guess what speed I'm doing. Still if the odometer isn't going up it'll save on servicing costs!

Jibber said:
I haven't noticed any specific action i'm doing when it happens like dropping from 5th to 4th. I have noticed its getting more frequent though. If it gets much worse I'll have to guess what speed I'm doing. Still if the odometer isn't going up it'll save on servicing costs!

speedo dropping to 0 in a variable speed limit is a pain!

Mine dropped to zero two weeks ago as well as the dashboard lights, also there are 5 warning lights showing the car has been in the fiat garage but could not totally identify problem except it might be an instrument panel ,cost to replace approx £350. Need help immediatly, anyone out there got any ideas.:

johnmboyle said:
Mine dropped to zero two weeks ago as well as the dashboard lights, also there are 5 warning lights showing the car has been in the fiat garage but could not totally identify problem except it might be an instrument panel ,cost to replace approx £350. Need help immediatly, anyone out there got any ideas.:

mines going into fiat on friday fto fix my speedo dropping to zero, they will be replacing the fuse box as they say it has corroded causing signal loss to the speedo sometimes.......something to do with fly by wire i was told but don't believe them

Ive got a similar problem in my punto (w reg sporting) - my instrument panel works only when the temperature is warm, when it is cold it doesn't work at all!! i had it checked last week and they said i needed a complete new unit. - costing me £243 plus £50 fitting and programming :eek: !! it was getting red hot so they disconnected it straight away; dont really know what caused it but any ideas would be grateful!?

This could be similar to the problem that you have but hope not cause its expensive!!!When i have it fitted tomorrow i may ask them some questions and see if i can find out any more :)

chromegrey said:
mines going into fiat on friday fto fix my speedo dropping to zero, they will be replacing the fuse box as they say it has corroded causing signal loss to the speedo sometimes.......something to do with fly by wire i was told but don't believe them

new fuse box didn't cure the problem!

only my speedo plays up i can be parked up and it will say i am doing 3o miles an hour also my miliage counter starts clocking up until i hit the clock and it all works for a while.

Jibber said:
jibber mine does it when dropping down gears and has started doing it all the time,but also i have this rattling noise when i am driving.Seems to go when clutch is depressed.Also sometimes have trouble getting in to first and second.Lack of power too. Any ideas?

Back