Technical Dash Warning Light

Currently reading:
Technical Dash Warning Light

thomash

Dash Warning Light - Engine Management?

A light has appeared on my dash.

Could anybody shed any light on to what it is?
a little pic of it.

I need to know ASAP as i'm at work and travelling home late tonight.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• Warning.jpg
    Warning.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 17,699
Last edited:
cheers for the reply...

will this cause a problem when driving it?? It won't just die on me will it.
thanks.

Just been to the shops in it, seems ok at the moment. The light is constantly on, and before that the power steering light was on and the city button didn't have any effect, but that went off.

Before this came on I did put the ignition on and off a few times within seconds as I was trying to sort something with my sterling alarm.

If its constantly on the ECU should have logged the faultcode. Just ask fiat for a readout. Shouldnt cost that much.

Thanks for all your replies.

I travelled home 30miles last nite and it seems to have cured it this morning as the light has gone off.

Cheers

I have had similar symptoms on a Mk 2B Punto. Engine warning light and steering light came on but went off after a couple of journeys. A few weeks later just the steering light came on but again went off after a couple of journeys. Having scanned for similar problems on this site and elsewhere on the web I am at present tending towards thinking it's a dodgy connection (probably at steering ECU unit) or the vehicle speed sensor has an intermittent fault or dodgy wiring (see references to a wiring mod by dealers). The ECUs log faults in RAM first then in EEPROM if persistent. RAM would be cleared by dissing the battery. EEPROM clearance needs a diagnostic reader. Garages will readily attach their reader to it for you and advise of any logged error codes but beware of costs, ask around first. If the fault is transient or intermittent, successive 'good' cycles remove the logged faults.

Red

This has happened to me this week! The steering light went on and the orange engine light was on too. But the next day the lights went off. I had it booked in to Fiat who were gonna charge me £42 + VAT to look at it so Im bloody glad its gone off - hope it stays off too!

Louise
Punto 1.2/04

A light has appeared on my dash.

Could anybody shed any light on to what it is?
a little pic of it.

I need to know ASAP as i'm at work and travelling home late tonight.

Thanks!!

Back