DAB in car - cunning plan

Currently reading:
DAB in car - cunning plan

doblopoblo

I have a Roberts RD49 radio that I use when I'm working in people's houses. It's a nice little DAB and FM portable that takes 6 AA batteries. It also has a built in charger so you can fit standard AA rechargeable batteries and charge it up by plugging in the little power adapter (the only thing that's a bit annoying is it doesn't charge the batteries if you have the radio on so I usually do it in the evening about once a week).

Anyway, what's all this got to do with having DAB in your car? Well my head unit has an aux in at the front and this radio has a stereo headphone jack so you can connect them together with a 3.5mm stereo jack to jack lead.

I have found that in my Doblo Cargo van (that only has front side windows and front windscreen) that if you put the radio in the little trough above the glove box you get excellent reception (in my area) and it all works quite nicely thank you. The radio even has a 12V power socket so I guess you could power it from the cigarette lighter, I haven't tried and if I did I would make sure there was a suitable in line fuse in case it didn't like it!

So that's my 5p's worth of bright ideas for today...

Cheers, DP

Last edited:
Back