General CV Joint - how much?

Currently reading:
General CV Joint - how much?

Dragyth

My Uno Turbo (Mk1) needs a new CV Joint for the MOT - how much does one go for, and how much is one, fitted, typically?

It also needs a wishbone. Same questions. any ideas??

cheers,
Arthur

I use Desira, Diss. As they used to have an affiliation with some of the owners clubs, which is where I knew them from. They're also very good from a customer service point of view, with quick deliveries and polite manner on the phone. They'll also try to keep the prices down, (even for Fiat genuine parts, which are often silly money).

CV joint - You're looking at around the £30 area, if you have circlip pliers you could fit them yourself, if not add another £30-50 for fitting.

Front Wishbones - You're looking at £20-25 per wishbone, so £50 for the pair, as you'd want to fit them in pairs. Fitting would be around the £30-50 area.

But if the CV joint is done at the same time as the wishbones, you should save some money on the labour.

:)

i just changed the whole shaft on my mk1 cause the inner boot was split and the cv was knackered, the outer boot was worn and wasnt gonna last long so i just bought a new shaft which was £75 from a local motor factor, fitting it isnt hard you just need a allen key to undo it from the gearbox, you dont lose any oil which is a bonus, and a 30mm bolt from the hub.

Back