Off Topic Current Panda Value?

Currently reading:
Off Topic Current Panda Value?

edessex

Established member
I know this is one of those questions asked all the time, but prices seem to go up and down so much, and I know the scrap price is falling, so I assume that effects things a lot! But I guess a few of you guys keep an eye on eBay, and might be able to give me some advice?

A few of you might know I had a Seat Marbella up for sale recently, I still have it but had to withdraw from sale due to my car failing its MoT!

But its the other Pandas that I'm inquiring about this time...

I have a 1990ish Panda 750, 5-speed box. MoT expired, SORN, not been used for a few years (3 I think), had carb issues, so rebuilt carb, thats as far as I got. Starter currently stuck, so non-runner.

a) Whats it worth in scrap?
b) Whats it worth on eBay?
c) What MPG does a 750 5-speed get? (I can't remember!)

I also have a 1989 Panda 4x4. Non-runner, in a state, needs welding on sills, no MoT, SORN. I really want to keep it, but if it is worth enough as is, I would sell, and buy another one when I am actually in a position to use one!

So again...

a) Whats it worth in scrap?
b) Whats it worth on eBay?

Any advice and/or estimates would be greatly appreciated! Just trying to figure out my options...

A 750/5spd Panda will do 40-45 mpg on average. Value on eBay would be £100-£200 I'd say.

4x4 on ebay would be £200-£400.

Very broad estimates as there are no pics to look at.

Cheers guys, neither are in good nick!

I was thinking of putting the 750 on the road, as my van is costing a lot to run, and my car failed its MoT, but the car's MPG is 50ish, so I'm still better off with that!

They are both in a state. Looks like the 4x4 will be a field car if I get her running, and the 750 will probably go for eBay/scrap... :(

Cheers guys, neither are in good nick!

I was thinking of putting the 750 on the road, as my van is costing a lot to run, and my car failed its MoT, but the car's MPG is 50ish, so I'm still better off with that!

They are both in a state. Looks like the 4x4 will be a field car if I get her running, and the 750 will probably go for eBay/scrap... :(

Id love to know my Mpg on my 1000 fire, I know that it must be a lot cos I only fill up once a month tops now

Took a road trip to Bolton and back the other week I managed 68mpg with my Fantasia and that wasn't driving economically.

The 750 would be worth between £60-£80 depending on the weighbridge. £100-£150 on eBay, £200+ if you break the car for parts.

The 4x4 could be a bargain or a bottomless pit from the sounds of things. £70-£90 on the weighbridge, £100-£200 on eBay and up to £250 if you break the car for parts.

I'm after 4x4 running gear if you decide to break the old girl. ;)

Edited to add insurance and "Practical Classics" valuation. I paid £350 for my Fantasia, two owners from new (husband and wife) low mileage, full service history, non-smokers. I took the car off the road for six months to partially restore now in good condition 2; Practical Classics guide valuation £1,250 - £1,500

Insured for a agreed value of £3,014 as she is so rare.

Last edited:
Edited to add insurance and "Practical Classics" valuation. I paid £350 for my Fantasia, two owners from new (husband and wife) low mileage, full service history, non-smokers. I took the car off the road for six months to partially restore now in good condition 2; Practical Classics guide valuation £1,250 - £1,500

Insured for a agreed value of £3,014 as she is so rare.

:confused: Practical classics don't have the Panda in thier valuation listings, despite Gavin pointing this out to them at last years NEC show. :mad:

:confused: Practical classics don't have the Panda in thier valuation listings, despite Gavin pointing this out to them at last years NEC show. :mad:

Oh they were certain it was. Definitely 100%, couldn't not be in there, no it's in there - oh........ It's not in there......

Do you want me to try again Vernon - I guess you didn't hear back? :bang:

I have to agree with Dave, there valuations bare no resemblance to what's really happening in the market.

I meant had you heard back from the Deputy Editor? I wasn't meaning putting it in the price list.

Price lists are mainly useful for getting a car at less than its market value - look here Mr Seller, PC says a mint 4x4 is worth £600 in concours condition :devil:

I meant had you heard back from the Deputy Editor? I wasn't meaning putting it in the price list.

Price lists are mainly useful for getting a car at less than its market value - look here Mr Seller, PC says a mint 4x4 is worth £600 in concours condition :devil:

Ah you mean Farmyard. I suppose you could email him to find out his current thoughts on it, it may seem a bit pushy coming from me.

Back