General crashed my car what to do :(

Currently reading:
General crashed my car what to do :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
as you seem to have hit a car with a tow bar I'd be worried that the crankcase or the head to manifold attechments might be damaged did the engine run ok afterwards?

Noel

No problems on this forum Emm.

But yea the bump might have had a big dose of adreline

Noel

Maybe slam panel backing plate?

Here's one I dismantled earlier................

img_00481.jpg

img_00491.jpg
backing

The above is the "plate".

img_00522.jpg

inner_wing_etc.jpg

Just to give you some idea of the inner wing and horn.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
If the two cars in front collided before you hit the 2nd car then you can claim they closed the gate on you, maybe, and try claiming on the 2nd cars insurance company.

Nope. Person at back pays all ;)

o right ok then will they come out and check it over?

Nope, as you're unable to claim due to being TPTF

"I think those are both the front. The eBay one has the headlamp bits in place, so is better value."
( there are to pannels on the front the one off ebay and the other smaller one) can anyone confirm that)

you no what i think you would maybe be better just buying a full car from ebay lol you would prob get one for £400

my pal niel has a 52 plate for sale at £1300 on ebay under name funkiefunkies in dunfermline fife scotland cheek out e-bay

good luck anyway mate

It's 2 bits, front and back, as you can see very clearly from my photos. The rear bit is attached (mainly) to extensions of the "horns" by spot welds, and the front section (the one with the holes) is spot welded to that. Obviously, you couldn't spot weld the rear section to the horns if the panel was mysteriously pre-assembled.

Suggest you remove the damaged wing(s) so you can better assess the damage to the inner wings and horns. Just undo all the screws, remove the wheels and wheelarch sheilds and use some heat on the back where the wings are usually sikkaflexed in place.

Last edited:
the damaged wing is removed the other is fine :),waiting on getting a donna car now though dont no whats happening with chap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back