General Crap Nankang Tyres

Currently reading:
General Crap Nankang Tyres

zed

As per previous posts. My front left Nankang came totally away from the rim going round a roundabout -they are mince. Have ordered a pair of Goodyears even though the Nankangs still have plenty of grip left :mad:

Nankang tyres even!

Re: Crap Nankank Tyres

goodyear and pirelli the alternatives to nankangs (or the tyre of death) arent that much better tbh... your better off getting 175/50/13's in either the conti or yoko variety :)

rallycinq said:
Check your tyre pressures.

Cheers

D
I check them every 3 days - honestly. As I said in previous posts, they leak. The Goodyears on the back don't need blown up, and the Nankangs have been checked for punctures before. As I said they're rubbish

Alfie said:
has somebody been curbing their rims? :) j/k may be worth getting them checked out if theres a slight buckle in one?
They're perfect - both of them - I don't kerb ! The wife did once, if you know what I mean. ;) It's as if they just haven't adhered to the rim.

i hate nankangs! or wankangs...cuz they are. i remember when i had 13's. i bet i could have cornered considerably safer in the wet on a pair of spacesavers on the front. they were like skates once there was any moisture on the road. i know many agree with this too from response to previous threads on the same topic.

zed said:
They're perfect - both of them - I don't kerb ! The wife did once, if you know what I mean. ;) It's as if they just haven't adhered to the rim.

lol :cool:

so its theory number one then they are indeed just w@nk.... get some 175/50s (y)

Alfie said:
lol :cool:

so its theory number one then they are indeed just w@nk.... get some 175/50s (y)
Aye, I've been watching the tyre posts. Never mind, got my Goodyears ordered for Monday

Alfie said:
dont worry they will wear nice and quick! :p lol

my pirellis lasted 9months!
The only redeeming factor about the Nankangs is this pair on the front have lasted 23K miles (still with 3mm left). My Goodyears on the front lasted 22K, but I don't have an Uno Turbo transplant like you guys (y)

And there was me thinking that every road in the North East had diesel spillages on the corners! ;)

My Sporting has the Nankangs on as they were fitted when I bought it and they have to be the least grippy tyres I have ever used in the wet (even stomils are better and they are bad!). I'll need to do some burnouts and put some proper tyres on soon.

in defence of nankang,ive got 225/55/16 nankang on.they have until now performed very well indeed.ive tried most types of tyres on a variety of cars,and have found vredsteins are great all rounders,semperit ditto,yoko's a nightmare in the wet,goodyears ok but wear the shoulders to quick,mich's over priced but good,dunlop tend to break internal bands and so you get bulges[happened on several dunlops].avon i like,cheapish too.bridgestones ive found wantind,ive got kuhmo[sp] on the grale.they seem v/good but not put many miles on them yet.:)

fixitagaintomorrow said:
I've found that some makes of tyre can be good in one size yet awful in another, it would seem Nankang fall into this category.

yes! a friend uses them for racing hot fords, he swears by the 15's

Alfie said:
yes! a friend uses them for racing hot fords, he swears by the 15's
yes,effects bridestones too.and also the driven end of the car,and the camber and toe in toe out car maufacturers recommend.one make can be brilliant on one hot hatch,and crap on another hot hatch.:)

it can depend on the car too. i find GY's do'nt perform aswell on my car a Pirelli's/ Purely because I can't get enough heat in the tyres because the car isn't heavy enough to provide enough friction to put some serious heat in them in normal driving conditions.

Back