Technical Crank sensor connector

Currently reading:
Technical Crank sensor connector

Hi folks

Before I finally put everything back from changing the timing belt and water pump, I thought I'd swap out the crank sensor since it's original and not much money to do.

Question is, how is the connector plug held in on the plate at the top back of the engine?
I see the new plug has two side ears on it so there must be some sort of release method to get the old one out.
Not easy to see and I don't want to just pull it and break something...

Cheers
Phil

Honestly can't remember how to release the plug from the socket.

It'll either be the wire release type -- push in the wire on the broader flat surface and pull -- or the plastic tab type (generally, push in the two opposing plastic tabs.

Use the new one to see how the old one works (or vice versa)?

Cheers, will have a go in a minute
Just had a closer look and there is a metal wire running along the top
of the socket so it looks like being a push down one....
Not seen one like that before....

Phil

crank sensor is the wire type - just push the wire in and pull the connector apart ;)

Can't remember is new crank sensor has the wire bit on or if you need to take it off and stick it on the new connector - if you do make sure you don't ping it off as they go miles and are very hard to find when that happens lol.

Cheers...

Was going to do that today but then I noticed an ominous oil drip from the sump...

Long story short, the old sump is holed, is off and the new one should be here tomorrow...
Right pain in the rear getting the old one unstuck:bang:

Never a dull moment :D

Back