Counting Pandas

Currently reading:
Counting Pandas

1325 Pandas on my list. Arrived in Italy today and Im delighted to see they hand out in groups. Im tyingbto invent a new game of Panda Yahtzee. Today I got 4 in a row, and 5 in a group plus 2 pairs. 2 169s on one side and two 319s on the other. We had two in a petrol station and a triple whammy a 141, a 169 and a 319 all in a petro station. Endless permutations for my innane humour!

We have a 319 GL and a 319 Hybrid Cross style on hire. I thought the hybrid was quite quick as it several times scooted off into the distance leaving me looking for a few gears. My son then said he had done the entire journey in 3rd.... SO the 1.2 was struggling a little to keep up in 5th to the hybrid in 3rd. Im hoping to sneak a go in the hybrid and see how it fares.

Its amazing how big a Panda seems when you are sitting in the passenger seat holding the steering wheel in bumpy narrow lakeside roads. Hopefully I will relax and enjoy it.... with itd shagged 3rd gear whining like made and steering that allows it to wander all over the place. I need ot check it has air in the tyres. It looks as if its spend a day or two in a big cement mixer and the state of the inside beggars belief at 25000 miles its pretty near ready to be scrapped! In the UK it would not be a saleable thing.

It may not be actually raining here but it looks ready to let rip big time at any minute!

I wasn't counting Pandas last time I was in Italy but I did take pics of Pandas , my best being 5 in 1 pic .
I could overflow the forum with the number of pics I have but this is my fiver . Lucca 2019 .(y)

Good luck to the white one getting out of that space . 🚙 🚙

DSC04858.JPG

Do you mean that the streets aren't lines with ferraris and lamborghinis??

3rd day, and we decided to go up the Splugen pass, over the Julier pass across to St Moritz and back to Bellagio... now I know where all the Panda 4x4s are. We lost count around 800 and gave up. The 1.2 aquitted its self well doing around 55mpg and averaging quite a lot mph. It was asked to dump Swiss BMW thing that seemed to want to do rude things to it which comprehensively brassed me off, and managed rather well! Those things clearly dont really corner that well. After some consideration and driving in covnoy with the hybrid, its clear there is not a lot between the two.

Thankyou Italy for a very warm welcome, good roads, good grub and good weather...

"Ill be back"!

I'd have given up around 10...
I recently got told I am leaning to OCD on a number of things so my OCD Panda is a reality... We were trying to record all the numbers but were only actually managing about 1 in 8 and did give up at 81 after an hour or so. Very sad I know. I think I am (temporarily at least) cured of shouting Panda each time I see one...... May be after a few more cold beers...

Wehn we did the ‘tour’ and decided to come back up through Turin, to the Vale de Aosta and into Switzerland, it was wall to wall panda 4x4s of all types and generations…and the Carbinierri in their large alfas, tailored uniforms and boots, barretta pistols and machine guns

Pandarino 2023 was last weekend. It's a huge panda festival in Japan. Looks like they had 289 cars turn up this year!

FB_IMG_1685554496045.jpgFB_IMG_1685554477542.jpg

You can see loads more on their Facebook or ig pages.

It's run by the same guy who did pandapoli that I went to way back in 2007!!!

Actually I didn't realize it was still going strong, perhaps I'll make another appearance next year!

This could get interesting

Police boat with rather nice looking woman informally dressed. :)

Now all we need is similar woman in full Carabinieri uniform with gun and that little white red lollipop being waved.

Attachments

• IMG_4023.jpeg
    IMG_4023.jpeg
    72.9 KB · Views: 39
Back