General Could well be getting a 500 Twinair Street model this week

Currently reading:
General Could well be getting a 500 Twinair Street model this week

Be aware that if the dealer is fitting them, rather than them being fitted in the factory as the car is built, they will stick out and not be as nicely flush with the bumper, and (if mine are anything to go by) the paint will flake off if they so much as catch a glimpse of a pressure washer.

Thanks for the heads up(y) They are not essential so I'll give it some thought. Being Black, colour match should be spot on.

The dealer I'm hoping to use is Grays of Warwick. I have a lot of faith in them as used them with my previous Fiats so if they do fit them, they'll do a great job.

Now, hurry up Fiat & confirm that the privilege customer scheme has been carried over:worship:

Quick question. Does anyone know if the Tom Tom port is / standard on the TA+?

Ditto side rubbing strips?

Cheers,

Neither are standard as far as i know. I found this out the hard way with the TomTom Port on my Parents 500 Lounge :( It must be added as an option. It was a free option but now appears chargeable, wish they'd just make up their minds.

We added the rubbing strips as an option, i don't believe they're fitted standard on any 500. Probably could be fitted aftermarket, but don't be suprised if they fall off if done aftermarket. I'd also think carefully about aftermarket parking sensors. Tbh it's not like reversing a freight train so i'd rather save myself the possible hassle if it was me!

Looking on the configurator haven't they re-named it to Footloose blue? It looks the same on there anyway...

That's what I said.
Footloose Blue is not available on the TwinAir Street.

Dealer advices the car has the Tom Tom port but no side rubbing strips.

Been told that these are an easy dealer fit if I want them. Our Brera or GT doesn't have them so I'll ask the price & decide from there:)

You can do a search for the word 'rubbing' under advanced search in the 'title search' a few threads come up.

Here's one (Click here) that I remember.

If you were tempted to but the Abarth side skirts on which the TA+ in black can easily take (it was available as a dealer fit option on the 'Abarth kit' ) the rubbing stripes IMHO would be overkill.

Reckon that will cost around £150 with paint so it will probably come to around £250. It will probably need the 'Adhesive kit'. If you ever have to 'touch up' the paintwork on the car they can be nuisance.

Papers etc all signed(y)

I've noticed there are no rear headrests or a split fold seat. No biggy I guess.

They're getting a price for the rear sensors & side rubbing strips but to add the chrome front & rear bumper bits, I'd need to change the rear hatch chrome handle & the bits next to the front badge as they are satin on the TA+:idea:

Regardless, can't wait to get her next Saturday:D:D:cool:

Papers etc all signed(y)

I've noticed there are no rear headrests or a split fold seat. No biggy I guess.

They're getting a price for the rear sensors & side rubbing strips but to add the chrome front & rear bumper bits, I'd need to change the rear hatch chrome handle & the bits next to the front badge as they are satin on the TA+:idea:

Regardless, can't wait to get her next Saturday:D:D:cool:

Don't forget the door handles as well.

Sounds like to would have liked the features of the Lounge along with the Street model (possibly for the Sport seats). Having 'both' gets expensive.

Do you like the black 5o-spokes ?

If you had a preference for the standard alloy 'coloured' 5o-spokes you might be better off specing a Lounge TA. The Satin finish is exclusive to the Street and the white Gucci. Only other person that I've seen tickering with the trim finish has been RUI. There might be another solution to getting an alternative look to the satin finish without replacing the 'bits'.

Last edited:
Insurance sorted today via Admiral's Multicar(y)

Got drive away insurance from Grays / Fiat for taxing purposes:)

Relegated our GT to a 5k miles per annum pleasure car:( but the 500 will join the Brera as a daily driver:D

That leaves the Spider for summer fun although it'd be more appropriate to take the wheels off & turn it in to a boat:cry:

Roll on Saturday..............

Back