Technical Corrosion

Currently reading:
Technical Corrosion

Brookse4

I have a ducato with corrosion in the front wheel arches. It doesn't appear to be on a structural price of metal to me but who knows, any advice would be great as it may need welding prior to mot. The corrosion starts from the wing to the chassis if that helps

I have a ducato with corrosion in the front wheel arches. It doesn't appear to be on a structural price of metal to me but who knows, any advice would be great as it may need welding prior to mot. The corrosion starts from the wing to the chassis if that helps

Is it the inner arch/wing or outer arch? If its outer then just fibreglass it. If its inner i depends on the extent and the tester. Anything withint 30cm of suspension mount / seatbelt mount / jacking point etc. can be failed.

Hi yes it's the outer part closest to the wing, a friend of mine has the same van and it failed on this corrosion but to me as you say the corrosion is over 30cm on both vans and appears to just be the same as a wheel arch liner just made of metal

Hi yes it's the outer part closest to the wing, a friend of mine has the same van and it failed on this corrosion but to me as you say the corrosion is over 30cm on both vans and appears to just be the same as a wheel arch liner just made of metal

If perforated it would fail for sharp edges but if its not structural fibreglass it.

Cut it out and make new panels.
Gets rid of the rust and will last for years.

ImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1436277069.974373.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1436277109.909289.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1436277161.727079.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1436277217.902677.jpgImageUploadedByFIAT Forum1436277265.338755.jpg

Back