Technical correct rear light bulbs

Currently reading:
Technical correct rear light bulbs

geddy1972

can anyone help please, i have a 57 plate Doblo dynamic and the rear light bulbs (4 of ) are 21/4 watt.

in the handbook and every site i go on they are meant to be 21/5 watt.

dont know why they have to be twin filiment bulbs as on the right hand lower one needs it as its the foglight aswell.

have i come across yet another one of fiats electrical gremlins/problems again ?

has anyone else noticed this ?

Can't say I have ever seen a 21/4 bulb (until I got off my backside and looked at my old stock in garage;))and 1 watt is not a lot of difference.
In the Doblos 03,05 and 2010 I have had they have all used what I call stop and tail bulbs 21/5w for various functions in the same lamp unit , brake, fog, extra side light etc, possible if supplied to multiple countries perhaps. Also some holders are only wired for a single contact but can take a double contact.

Last edited:
can anyone help please, i have a 57 plate Doblo dynamic and the rear light bulbs (4 of ) are 21/4 watt.

in the handbook and every site i go on they are meant to be 21/5 watt.

dont know why they have to be twin filiment bulbs as on the right hand lower one needs it as its the foglight aswell.

have i come across yet another one of fiats electrical gremlins/problems again ?

has anyone else noticed this ?

Years ago.. the punto used 20W from the factory and stock Halfords 25W bulbs lit ok..
but put on the dash warning.. ( altered power consumption)

Are you getting the dash warning?

Years ago.. the punto used 20W from the factory and stock Halfords 25W bulbs lit ok..
but put on the dash warning.. ( altered power consumption)

Are you getting the dash warning?
im getting the usual side light failure warning even though all the lights/bulbs are fine.

im going to change the rear light bulbs tonight as i have heard that if they look abit black then it brings up the erro message.

i changed the number plate bulbs last night but this made no difference.

i dont have any led bulbs as im not sure if my doblo has canbus or not.

i know that led bulbs can cause lots of issues.

guess its just another fiat electrical problem !

21/4w bulbs have staggered pins and you cannot replace them with 21/5w ones as the pins are straight across.

I apologise, having just looked at my old stock of bulbs I see what you mean and indeed the 21/4 offset and staggered as opposed to the 21/5 just staggered. These are Lucas part numbers.
I have seen the offset in amber indicator single contact bulbs used in some Toyota I think.

Attachments

• DSCF0927.JPG
    DSCF0927.JPG
    417.9 KB · Views: 27
Back