General Copying my Car Key or Cloning the Key Radio Transmitter

Currently reading:
General Copying my Car Key or Cloning the Key Radio Transmitter

deeinlondon

I have both the original keys for MK2 FIAT Punto Sporting - but I just started a new job that involves a lot of driving and constantly needing to get things out of the boot of my car and I'm really worried one day I'll accidently lock myself out of the car by leaving the key in the boot and slamming it shut.

So I only need a way to open the boot / doors not start the car.

Would a regular key cutter be able to copy my Car key just for thus purpose? And if so any idea on the price?

Also is it possible to copy the radio transmitter built into the bigger key that can open the door by remote key press? This is also another way I could open the door.

I've seen things listed on ebay called Button Remote Control 433MHZ Cloning Universal Replacement Garage Car Door

Would these be able to clone my 21 year old radio key ?

Any locksmith should be able to cut you are car key to open the doors without a problem.

Also if I am right the mk2 should be a megamos crypto 48 ID48 chip which is a fixed code chip so again any locksmith worth his salt should be able to clone the chip and give you a fully functioning key.

Not sure how the remote system is set up so cant tell you if the cheap Chinese key fobs work but don't think they will because most remotes are also tied to the chip ID

As for cost cant tell you UK prices since I am not there. Here in Italy bog standard key 5euro, with transponder 20-30euro with remote no idea I am afraid.

Hope this gives you some idea

I have both the original keys for MK2 FIAT Punto Sporting - but I just started a new job that involves a lot of driving and constantly needing to get things out of the boot of my car and I'm really worried one day I'll accidently lock myself out of the car by leaving the key in the boot and slamming it shut.

So I only need a way to open the boot / doors not start the car.

Would a regular key cutter be able to copy my Car key just for thus purpose? And if so any idea on the price?

Also is it possible to copy the radio transmitter built into the bigger key that can open the door by remote key press? This is also another way I could open the door.

I've seen things listed on ebay called Button Remote Control 433MHZ Cloning Universal Replacement Garage Car Door

Would these be able to clone my 21 year old radio key ?

Forum member ponsaloti may be able to help you.
ponsaloti

Yesterday I happened to park my car inside of a shopping centre and there was a Key Cutter downstairs, so he cut 2 keys for me just to open the door - neither would go in the slot more then in the photo - any ideas why? I tried all 3 door locks.

YNOzP5M.jpg

Back