Technical Cooling fan relay

Currently reading:
Technical Cooling fan relay

herut

My 1998 Marea 1.6 Petrol, Automatic (same engine as Bravo) needs a new relay for the cooling fan/AC circuit. It is Fiat part #46410803 or #7079615. When I go to put it in my basket on eper I always get the pop-up 'sorry mate there's pirates in these waters,,,' So I can't order from there. My overseas Fiat garage doesn't stock it. I can't find it on ebay. I did find it listed in the catalogues of Argentinian and Brazilian suppliers, but seems they don't sell to the public. Any ideas? It is a 4-PIN (not 5 pin) with a 'P' for one of the contacts. Thanks!

%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CYehudah%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtml1%5C01%5Cclip_image002.jpg

Jeff

The "pirates" message is because the ePer system on here is just intended to let people find the part numbers, it's not actually a shop afaik.

If your garage doesn't stock it, can't they order it for you?

(linking images from your harddrive doesn't work btw)

The SIDAT Fiat supplier has written back to say 'no longer available' as to that relay. BUT, I'm thinking: if it is a basic single pole 4 pin relay, with known pins 85, 86, and 30, but the positioning of them is different from newer relays, then can I simply buy a new 4pin relay, and connect via short lengths of wires from 85 on relay to 86 spade-in on box, same with, 86, and 30?

That leaves me with a question I cannot find on internet: why is there a 'P' on the original relay in place of pin 87?? And, can I still consider 87 on a new 4pin relay as functioning the same as Fiat's pin 'P'? Someone suggested that 'P" means it takes a 'pulse' from ecu, but I'm not sure if that's right, or, if it makes a difference. Any help from auto electricians? Thanks!
--Jeff

Correction: I obviously meant: Contact #85 on relay wired to spade-in #85 on block, etc.
--Jeff

I think you must have a pre '99 model with slightly different relay connections.
The "p" probably means a parallel link for power see pic.
Yes its ok to put a 4 pin device in there, just follow the connection numbers etc.
Tony.

Attachments

• relay.jpg
    relay.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 63
Back