Technical Coolant Question

Currently reading:
Technical Coolant Question

People, many thanx for your replies. However, let me categorically state - (forgive the caps!)

I HAVE NO LEAKS IN MY ENTIRE COOLANT SYSTEM!

I HAVE ALSO CHANGED THE HEATER TAP FOR A NEW UNIT

I have checked all lines cleared to and from the heater and confirmed good flow in both directions (with a garden hose).

BUT - when everything is reconnected and tight - I still get no flow through the heater - this is driving me bugs**t!!

Have you checked the clearance between the pump rotor and the casing? It's shown in Fig. 2.5 in the Haynes BoL, 0.8 - 1.3 mm. I would get it as tight as possible. A wide gap here will make the pump inefficient.

Any further investigation gets a bit technical and involves water manometers to confirm the pressure heads at various points around the coolant circuits while the engine is running.

Rach, haven't got that far yet (pulling the pump out) but that did occur to me. I had some success today with more fiddling and did manage to get heat through the matrix.

If the situation does not improve, the pump will be my next point of attack (really the only one left!!)

Though I did change the radiator cap today from the 7psi that was fitted (by whom???) to the recommended 13 psi cap. perhaps that was the difference.

Back