Technical Heater coolant connection

Currently reading:
Technical Heater coolant connection

Piddo

From the X1/9 heater there are 2 hose connections, one from the control valve.

Emerging from the prop tunnel are 2 pipes, these pipes connect to the heater.

Question. The pipe closest to the firewall - does this connect to the heater valve.

Thank you

Piddo

From memory, I think that's right but on my car the heater valve is clearly visible in the driver's side footwell above the clutch pedal. Should be easy to see which pipes connect to it.

Thanks for the information, small problem, this has been a 7 year project involving the complete replacement of the cooling system 'plumbing'. Currently, I have the heater back in position with 2 new metal pipes and no memory as to the hose positioning. The question is to identify the hose that goes between the heater valve and the correct metal pipe, from your comments, it appears the heater valve connects to the pipe closest to the bulkhead. If I have misread your advice, please correct me.

Thank you

Piddo

I'm pretty certain that's correct. Have a look at a previous thread (2010) under X1/9 Heater Valve Replacement. This has some photos showing the valve and pipes. Although this is a lhd car, I think the basic layout is the same and the pipe with the valve is definitely the one closest to the bulkhead.

Back