Technical Coolant liquid in the washer

Currently reading:
Technical Coolant liquid in the washer

beermouse

Hi all -

as the title says, I have accidentially poured about half a liter of coolant in the washer bottle (n) (Yes, it was dark, and late, and both liquids are blue, and....) What do I do now? Do I need to get it out (it feels a little sticky), or can I just top it up with washer liquid? Out in the dark I couldn't see where the tubing went - what is the easiest way to get it emptied if I need to?

Any input is much appreciated!

Blue coolant? I thought all Mk3 Pandas used an OAT coolant, which is pink.

But yes, you would be well advised to flush the system with clean water & refill with screenwash. I'd start by syphoning out the reservoir. Remember also to flush through the rear washer lines. Personally I'd also wash the car afterwards, just in case.

Last edited:
Hi all -

thanks for your quick replies (y) Luckily I found out I'd messed up before I pulled the washer arm so there won't be so much tubing to wash trough :)

Thanks again!

Yes, blue - it was some cheap supermarket stuff I picked up to use on my boat to keep the hull vents from freezing.

Sounds like the OP picked the wrong bottle off the shelf - the cheapo coolant being for his boat, not car...

Back