General Converting Fiat Ducato comformatic gearbox to manual

Currently reading:
General Converting Fiat Ducato comformatic gearbox to manual

shaznshane

Hi just in the process of converting our Fiat Ducato comformatic gearbox to manual but when remove the robot van won't start any ideas?

Hi just in the process of converting our Fiat Ducato comformatic gearbox to manual but when remove the robot van won't start any ideas?
Have you ”taught” the car that it is no longer comfortmatic-operated, i.e. updated the ECU(s)?
There is also a start-up enable relay in Comfortmatic cars that prevents starting if e.g. the hydraulic pressure signal from the robot is not OK.

Welcome to the forum shaznshane

Thats good to hear. I find drivers love their comfortmatics ..... until they go wrong!!!

So would be very interested to see how you convert them to manual

Welcome to the forum shaznshane

Thats good to hear. I find drivers love their comfortmatics ..... until they go wrong!!!

So would be very interested to see how you convert them to manual
Hi thanks for the welcome. Over 12 months of problems with the comfortmatic gearbox and several garages and 1000's later with no fix we decided to convert it to a manual gearbox (as it is essentially a manual gearbox) . Two months of research (not alot out there). so we just took the plunge and started ordering parts (not expensive really i think around 650.00) some new some second hand. It took us about two days to do the conversion. Finished today at tea time and it all works clutch ,gear change ,starting and driving (only on the driveway mind) . I now have an error on the screen saying check transmission but i think i might be able to get that programmed out of the ecu. Anyway test drive in the morning and will let you know how it went .

Hi thanks for the welcome. Over 12 months of problems with the comfortmatic gearbox and several garages and 1000's later with no fix we decided to convert it to a manual gearbox (as it is essentially a manual gearbox) . Two months of research (not alot out there). so we just took the plunge and started ordering parts (not expensive really i think around 650.00) some new some second hand. It took us about two days to do the conversion. Finished today at tea time and it all works clutch ,gear change ,starting and driving (only on the driveway mind) . I now have an error on the screen saying check transmission but i think i might be able to get that programmed out of the ecu. Anyway test drive in the morning and will let you know how it went .

No, there's not much information on this subject out there. It would be really nice if you could share your experiences once you have finished your conversion!

The Body Computer obviously has a setting for transmission type, that can be changed via e.g. Multiecuscan. Maybe this would be enough to remove the Check transmission message (just guessing)? There are some recommendations about making backups etc. to be followed before executing Proxi Alignment, also mentioned in other threads in this forum.

1708864325789.png

1708864761539.png

No, there's not much information on this subject out there. It would be really nice if you could share your experiences once you have finished your conversion!

The Body Computer obviously has a setting for transmission type, that can be changed via e.g. Multiecuscan. Maybe this would be enough to remove the Check transmission message (just guessing)? There are some recommendations about making backups etc. to be followed before executing Proxi Alignment, also mentioned in other threads in this forum.

View attachment 439019
View attachment 439020
Hi thanks for that the test drive went spot on clutch works perfect gear changes nice and smooth and all gears available. Only one problem is that it's in limp home mode due to the check transmission warning light. I've had alook around on the MES but it's a bit above my pay grade lol. Going to have a ring around tomorrow hope it's as easy as you have just pointed out.

Using MES looks quite simple as above do proxi backup first.

Obviously select your model I used mine as an example.
Screenshot (66).png

press F10 connect
Screenshot (69).png

press F7 adjustments
Screenshot (65).png

Click on gearbox type then get dropdown box. click on arrow to right then select from list. manual

View attachment 439019
View attachment 439020

Using MES looks quite simple as above do proxi backup first.

Obviously select your model I used mine as an example.
View attachment 439076
press F10 connect
View attachment 439077

press F7 adjustments
View attachment 439075
Click on gearbox type then get dropdown box. click on arrow to right then select from list. manual
Hi thanks for that it makes it look straight forward. only problem i have now is when i click connect i get fail to connect check lead or port settings. I can access all other features ie. engine,gearbox,service etc. any ideas ?

Just purchased a new lead with yellow connector i think mine was a cheap one. It should be here by the weekend so i will let you know.

Well the lead arrived and it connected to the BCM and came up with this vehicle is set up properly no proxi alignment needed.
clicked F7 for adjustments expecting to see a list in proxi alignment procedure window and theres nothing there.Do you think that i need to purchase the full version or should it work on the registered version?? Any ideas anyone.

Well the lead arrived and it connected to the BCM and came up with this vehicle is set up properly no proxi alignment needed.
clicked F7 for adjustments expecting to see a list in proxi alignment procedure window and theres nothing there.Do you think that i need to purchase the full version or should it work on the registered version?? Any ideas anyone.
Do you have the registered version or free version. The version is shown in top left hand side
reg1.png

You need the registered version, the main purpose of the free one is to prove connection settings. I just just checked in simulation mode and there is a list. Back up the proxi file and run it with a registered copy.

Do you have the registered version or free version. The version is shown in top left hand side
View attachment 439242
You need the registered version, the main purpose of the free one is to prove connection settings. I just just checked in simulation mode and there is a list. Back up the proxi file and run it with a registered copy.
Hi i am running MES 5.5 registered with the yellow lead if i select your vehicle and others i can run the simulation no problem . If i select my vehicle
ducato(type 250) 3.0 multijet i can't run the simulation and when connected to the vehicle it's the same the list is blank .

Hi i am running MES 5.5 registered with the yellow lead if i select your vehicle and others i can run the simulation no problem . If i select my vehicle
ducato(type 250) 3.0 multijet i can't run the simulation and when connected to the vehicle it's the same the list is blank .
It’s possible that it thinks everything is fine because you’ve plugged things back in to get the van to start so as far as MES is concerned you have everything plugged in that should be plugged in, is the gearbox ECU still plugged in ?

5.5? the latest is 5.2
hesres my screenshots with your details
Screenshot (73).png

Screenshot (74).png

Screenshot (75).png

Screenshot (76).png

Screenshot (78).png

Screenshot (79).png

Then follow details on screen
The proxi screen doesnt seem to have same details as later models. Is the gearbox ecu still pluged in? If it is bakck up the proxi file. do a proxi alignment . does it still throw the error? if so disconnect ecu and Proxi align and try again.

5.5? the latest is 5.2
hesres my screenshots with your details
View attachment 439263

View attachment 439264
View attachment 439265
View attachment 439266
View attachment 439267
View attachment 439268
Then follow details on screen
The proxi screen doesnt seem to have same details as later models. Is the gearbox ecu still pluged in? If it is bakck up the proxi file. do a proxi alignment . does it still throw the error? if so disconnect ecu and Proxi align and try again.
Hi yes i can do all this on the simulation but when conected to the van it comes up this proxi is up date for this vehicle and closes the window and i cant go no further. do you think i need to unplug everthing that has got to do with the gear box ie. ecu,wiring harness and sensors and then run it again ???
do i need to unplug everthing that has got to do with the selespeed

Hi yes i can do all this on the simulation but when conected to the van it comes up this proxi is up date for this vehicle and closes the window and i cant go no further. do you think i need to unplug everthing that has got to do with the gear box ie. ecu,wiring harness and sensors and then run it again ???
do i need to unplug everthing that has got to do with the selespeed
unplug everything relates to seleespeed then proxi

Back