Technical Control arm replacement

Currently reading:
Technical Control arm replacement

Hi all, i've just put the wife's 500 105TA through it's MOT, and one of the front balljoints has had it.
I assumed that the simplest solution was to replace the whole front arm assembly, but it seems like the front most bolt is inaccessible without dismantling the subframe, is that right, or am I missing something obvious?

Attachments

• 500 arm.JPG
    500 arm.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 66
I don't see a guide for front bumper removal, anything particular to be aware of?
Obvious really, but it's one of those jobs that's much easier with a second pair of hands.

If you're concerned about cosmetic damage, put something on the ground around the front of the car to protect against scrapes and scratches. I find a couple of old duvets ideal for this purpose.

The Torx head bolts could be difficult especially the wing to bumper ones,I put the Torx bit in a 1/4" socket wrench, the 6 small screws often rust so you can't use a screwdriver don't simply pull the bumper away from the wing as in some videos go under wing with a light and use a plastic tool to ease apart the plastic fixing 3 tabs in total

Come on boys it’s not that hard! I’ve had my bumper off more times than a brides nighty 😂 just soak any rusty screws first …. The rest takes 5 minutes
It’s the arms off that’s the fun part!!! Breaker bar and some leg power works tho!

Come on boys it’s not that hard! I’ve had my bumper off more times than a brides nighty 😂 just soak any rusty screws first …. The rest takes 5 minutes
It’s the arms off that’s the fun part!!! Breaker bar and some leg power works tho!
You are correct however if it's been on for say 8 or 9 years without ever being touched is a different matter, all though soaking rusty screws may help, but if there's no head left for the screwdriver to bit its still problematic

Back