Continious OBD2 Monitoring

Currently reading:
Continious OBD2 Monitoring

I currently use mes and a laptop to monitor certain parameters that ive been varying but have come up with a list that im happy to repeat and use with minimum intervention ie none and it monitors on engine start. I currently have MES capabilty Alfaobd/ android and some Arduino experiance. Any out of the box solution that measures Fiat pids would be handy

I currently use mes and a laptop to monitor certain parameters that ive been varying but have come up with a list that im happy to repeat and use with minimum intervention ie none and it monitors on engine start. I currently have MES capabilty Alfaobd/ android and some Arduino experiance. Any out of the box solution that measures Fiat pids would be handy

If you are in to RaspberryPi the are a few Python OBD projects. The RPi could boot when the engine starts and record data to a .csv file. There's probably no need for a GUI if you always wanted to record the same data. I guess the number of recordable pids is limited by its low priority on the can bus.

I am a bit confused with what you're asking as you say you have been using MES, what is it you are actually looking to do it's not very clear.
I think he is looking for a device he can use on the OBDII port to form/implement a more comprehnsive dash board monitoring program and display. They do exist.

I think he has used MES to see what is available and what he wants.

I think he is looking for a device he can use on the OBDII port to form/implement a more comprehnsive dash board monitoring program and display. They do exist.

I think he has used MES to see what is available and what he wants.
Doesn't MES allow you to keep track of all the data points recorded. Failing that @CheeseMonster's suggestion is probably best. Plenty of little OBD boards you can get to plug into a raspberry Pi record it in a file which you can then open up in something like Excel as a graph or raw data.

Doesn't MES allow you to keep track of all the data points recorded. Failing that @CheeseMonster's suggestion is probably best. Plenty of little OBD boards you can get to plug into a raspberry Pi record it in a file which you can then open up in something like Excel as a graph or raw data.
Yes MES can do recroding, graphing, etc.

That said MES is a PC (limited IOS) application so running a laptop in the car for every day use is not exactly ideal.

However there are EOBD monitoring devices / instruments that can be configured as effectivly a second vehicle dash board and I'm thinking/assuming the OP is looking for one of those as opposed to having a laptop running all the time.

I was hoping to be successful at achieving something (other than spending money), before posting.
I am now in possession of both of these but no joy yet.

Back