General Considering a Bravo

Currently reading:
General Considering a Bravo

You will need to show me these, I spent about 6 months looking at nearly every Bravo that went through auto trader and eBay and I never once saw a Dynamic with anything but the grey/black fabric. Maybe it's the newer models? In which case they're still not dynamics. They're called "Easy" I believe. Though I'm not very knowledgeable on the new bravo's (2010 onwards) because I wanted a T-jet engine and they were only made from 07-10 on bravo's. So that's all I looked at,

In my country at least, the dynamics pre-face lift had the coloured seats and trims. After the facelift, the seats had the grey trim. I know that because I bought the car in 2010 so I checked both models.
On the other hand, they did remove some nice extras after the facelift, like the rear armrest, the tiny lights at the door handle, and the t-jet sign on the front grille.

@Mosteaasterly pandas: As I've said, the suspension is just fine on normal roads, its poor roads that really bring out the worst in it. I'll admit that not everyone drives on roads as poor as the ones I use in my daily drive, but I've driven an impreza, a civic, a megane, and a focus on the same roads and none of of them suffered as much (the megane and the focus weren't that much better though.)

media

The blue one look like this, they do look better in person than in pictures

media

The blue one look like this, they do look better in person than in pictures

Thanks, for some reason the ones i found wouldnt link.

I dont like the blue in the pictures at all, think it looks quite dated.

Just an update, having looked at a few alternatives the OH seems set on a new shape Astra.

Clearly she has no taste in or appreciation of cars!! :-/

After a visit to our local Vauxhall dealer i have ordered a new Astra.

They offered too good a discount, 0% finance and lifetime warranty.

Dull car but happy with the deal.

Thanks for all the info, advice

Astras have M32 gearboxes though....

anyway, for anyone who stumbles on this thread looking for advice, the sport is a harsher ride, and in the 150bhp version is does have the M32 gearbox and mine went noisy at 55k but is still running at 70k

I think you are right, but the warranty will last the realistic life of the car for us and the gearbox is covered so not as worried about it

I think you are right, but the warranty will last the realistic life of the car for us and the gearbox is covered so not as worried about it

Doesn't the lifetime warranty only last 100k ? Tbh I think that is not really a lifetime for a modern car, the higher the mileage the more the wear and tear exclusion will kick in and they trap you into servicing at a vauxhall dealer. I think you very rarely get owt for nowt! On a more positive note my wife's company car is a 5 door Astra and it is really quite pleasant if a little plasticky inside, definitely a good alternative to fiat bravo/chrysler delta or similar

Doesn't the lifetime warranty only last 100k ? Tbh I think that is not really a lifetime for a modern car, the higher the mileage the more the wear and tear exclusion will kick in and they trap you into servicing at a vauxhall dealer. I think you very rarely get owt for nowt! On a more positive note my wife's company car is a 5 door Astra and it is really quite pleasant if a little plasticky inside, definitely a good alternative to fiat bravo/chrysler delta or similar

It does last 100k but the car will only do around 6k a year so it will last us years.

You dont have to have it serviced by Vauxhall, any VAT registered garage using OEM quality parts will keep the warranty valid (as confirmed by Vauxhall) although they have offered a very competative servicing package which i will take out.

The M32 gearbox in the newer cars has the 5th and 6th gear bearings uprated and higher quality gearbox oil and apparently do not suffer the issues . This can be retrofitted to any car with an M32 box for around £500 according to the dealer and as said any failure will be covered.

I would have preferred something a bit more interesting but her indoors is happy and as you said they are a decent car.

I'm gonna go against the flow on this site. I love my Bravo. But the Astra VXR's are gorgeous and blows it out the water in every way.

In reality the bravo isn't really better than anything else in the class it comes down to personal choice, astras are very similar in many ways and seem a bit more modern, the main reason to drive a bravo or delta is to not follow the herd nowt else

Indeed. The decision to drive a Bravo is based on the heart not the head :)

Personally I love Bravos and would choose any Fiat over a Vauxhall any day - that's not to say Vauxhall is any worse, it's just for me my preference and history is with Fiats.

Horses for courses :)

I think whatever model you choose there will be pros and cons, you just have to weigh it up, have a back up stash just in case, and enjoy the ride.

You have to take it for a free annual check, which i can see them being funny about if they havent serviced it.

I think the business model of the lifetime warranty will be based upon many folks not remembering or bothering with such things and the warranty lapsing, also very few vauxhalls are kept by the original owner for more than the standard 3year warranty period

I think the business model of the lifetime warranty will be based upon many folks not remembering or bothering with such things and the warranty lapsing, also very few vauxhalls are kept by the original owner for more than the standard 3year warranty period

I think you are exactly right there mate, it sounds great on an advert but they arent going to have to honour that many i reckon.

Is that 100%? Our delta has reverse next to first but as a 2.0 multijet has too much torque (360nm) to be fitted with the m32 box well at least that's what I thought??

F40 box as per 2.0 Multijet in a alfa 159. M32 is for the 1.9 Multijet in a Bravo.

Back