General Considering a Bravo

Currently reading:
General Considering a Bravo

I am considering a Bravo to replace our family car, a 2006 tdci Mondeo.

The Mondeo is an unreliable heap of dog toffee and doesnt really suit our needs as much due to lower annual mileage and kids getting older so need less boot space.

I am interested in the T-Jet models as I have a GP so know how good an engine it is but am I right in thinking they have the M32 gearbox?

Ride quality is also pretty important as my other half will be the main driver and she hates the ride in my GP.

The trim levels seem a bit more confusing than the Punto as well, I want one as well equiped as possible really.

Can any owners advise what the ride is like and what trim levels are worth looking at?

Last edited:
hi and welcome.
ride quality - would avoid the sport model as it rides hard (due to sport suspension) compared to the other models, but the sport model does come with blue and me phone connectivity, mp3(usb) hill holder and the sport body kit with twin exhaust tail pipe.

the next level down is the dynamic (someone will have to correct me) has the same sport body with out the twin tail pipe but has a much better ride, as for equipment not really sure.

the next level down is the dynamic (someone will have to correct me) has the same sport body with out the twin tail pipe but has a much better ride, as for equipment not really sure.

Dynamic isn't the next level down from the Sport, it sits above it regarding specification. Sport just rides harder and has all the styling stuff, Dynamic is the more comfortable and functional car with more toys (y)

Both the dynamic and the sport aren't exactly brilliant on the ride quality sector.

My father has the dynamic, I have the sport, I think the dynamic is marginally better as it has 16" rims with high-profile tires, as opposed to my sport which came with 17" rims with low-profile tires (215-40-17 IIRC).

Both the dynamic and the sport aren't exactly brilliant on the ride quality sector.

My father has the dynamic, I have the sport, I think the dynamic is marginally better as it has 16" rims with high-profile tires, as opposed to my sport which came with 17" rims with low-profile tires (215-40-17 IIRC).

Sport also has a different suspension setup, this is what will probably be making the difference, I notice little difference between the 16 inch winter wheels on my Bravo and my 17 inch low pro alloys.

I think the suspension is the most disappointing aspect of this car. On "good roads" its absolutely fine (dynamic with 16" alloys). However, once you enter a rough road with speed humps, potholes, etc, there really is no saving you from the harsh ride. I can't testify for the Sport suspension but since ride comfort is important to you than you should just avoid it. Dynamic is better spec'ed anyway (and has a central armrest LOL).

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately im struggling to d
find any t-jet engined Bravo's close by to test drive.

Can anyone confirm that the use the M32 box as well as ive read conflicting info online?

Is it as prone to failures in the Bravo as it is in the Mjet punto's?

And do all dynamics come with horrible blue fabric seats?

It's less likely to go in the T-jets as they're not quite as powerful in regards to torque. But there's more chance of them going in the 150 than the 120.

Also You are confusing the Dynamic model with the Sport model. Dynamics tend to have fabrics grey seats. Like mine does. Remember the dynamic is the gadget model basically. It comes with lots of extras where as the sport mode is about exterior looks and also has a few engine extras like traction control. Though you won't get as many "extra's" in a sport model unless they were optionally factory fitted,

The sport models have either blue or red interior. Depending on the customer who bought it. Though you won't find a red car with blue interior and also blue car with red interior. But a black car for example can have either I believe.

Is that 100%? Our delta has reverse next to first but as a 2.0 multijet has too much torque (360nm) to be fitted with the m32 box well at least that's what I thought??

Its 100% that if next to 6th its not the M32 box, if it's next to 1st then it could be, as that is where it is located on the M32 box, although it could easily just be another box.

Thanks again for the replies, with regards to the seats i dont mean the sports seats with the red or blue side bolsters.

Some of the dynamics i have seen for sale have blue seats and blue dash panels which frankly look crap. Ive since seen others with black and grey seats.

Thanks again for the replies, with regards to the seats i dont mean the sports seats with the red or blue side bolsters.

Some of the dynamics i have seen for sale have blue seats and blue dash panels which frankly look crap. Ive since seen others with black and grey seats.
You will need to show me these, I spent about 6 months looking at nearly every Bravo that went through auto trader and eBay and I never once saw a Dynamic with anything but the grey/black fabric. Maybe it's the newer models? In which case they're still not dynamics. They're called "Easy" I believe. Though I'm not very knowledgeable on the new bravo's (2010 onwards) because I wanted a T-jet engine and they were only made from 07-10 on bravo's. So that's all I looked at,

You will need to show me these, I spent about 6 months looking at nearly every Bravo that went through auto trader and eBay and I never once saw a Dynamic with anything but the grey/black fabric. Maybe it's the newer models? In which case they're still not dynamics. They're called "Easy" I believe. Though I'm not very knowledgeable on the new bravo's (2010 onwards) because I wanted a T-jet engine and they were only made from 07-10 on bravo's. So that's all I looked at,

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201404143323661/sort/locasc/postcode/ng200ss/radius/1500/make/FIAT/model/bravo/page/1/usedcars

Theres one, looks like the same design as the black/grey seats but in blue. Some of the others ive seen look like a brighter shade of blue than that advert which looks the the seats you used to get in a mk1 Punto!

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201404143323661/sort/locasc/postcode/ng200ss/radius/1500/make/FIAT/model/bravo/page/1/usedcars

Theres one, looks like the same design as the black/grey seats but in blue. Some of the others ive seen look like a brighter shade of blue than that advert which looks the the seats you used to get in a mk1 Punto!
That links not worked mate, it's just sent me to a list of other bravos. I've checked them all and still don't see a blue interior? Really intrigued to see this to be honest,

Back