Technical Connecting remote locking to hazzards

Currently reading:
Technical Connecting remote locking to hazzards

DubWitStilo

Hi I'm wondering if someone could explain in detail how to connect the remote central locking to the hazzard lights.

Its a bit annoying when walking away from the car and not knowing if its locked or not. :confused:

Thank you!! (y)

Why dont you press the c/l button and then flip your door handle to make sure it locked :)

AppleSei said:
Why dont you press the c/l button and then flip your door handle to make sure it locked :)

Thats what I do!

Didnt realise how lazy one can get with central locking- i keep walking away from my mrs saxo leaving doors and boot unlocked!

Really its my subconcious trying to get the car nicked so she can go get the siecento sporting she was going to buy!

Stuart DemonD said:
It needs to go on Examiner.

Your dealer may charge, unless you ask them during a routine service :chin:

Yep,well they are resetting service light & its no big problem to enable the hazards......get them to scan modules for codes aswell while they are there;)

I usualy do give the handle a pull just to check but sometimes I forget when walking away.

I didnt really want to pay someone to do this if it was a simple job I could do myself.

I suppose the next time i get the car serviced I will mention it.

I'd class this as a MUST HAVE mod - so I'd make quite a fuss about getting it enabled. (y)

One weakness of the key fob is that in the dark it's none too easy to work out which is the lock/unlock button. By being able to count the flashes you can really be assured you've locked it (and also dead-locked it come to that).

Stuart DemonD said:
It needs to go on Examiner.

Your dealer may charge, unless you ask them during a routine service :chin:

You will need to purchase a code card and get the dealer to configure the body computer settings so that the indicators flash with cdl.

Just been on the phone to local dealer about hazards flashing, code card £10 + half hour labour at £25, not to bad i thought.

You should have a code card when you got the car also it's available from ISR through your dealer.To access the direction indicators on/off procedure you have to prog remotes first but before that you have to store the keys,hence immob code number.

T14086 said:
You should have a code card when you got the car also it's available from ISR through your dealer.To access the direction indicators on/off procedure you have to prog remotes first but before that you have to store the keys,hence immob code number.

Thanks for that,is the code 4 numbers long

sgh1970 said:
Just been on the phone to local dealer about hazards flashing, code card £10 + half hour labour at £25, not to bad i thought.
I also have the same issue - went to my local fiat place - £70 they want to do it! (1 hrs diagnostic labour charge!)
Sod that 1 :D

I have a problem obtaining the code card for my Stilo :cry:

I have bought my car new but not through the official Fiat network in my country. I also did not get Fiat warranty but a warranty from a private dealer who sold me the car.

I wanted to turn the hazards/unlock option but got the same reply from two different official fiat garages (one is owned by my friend). All of them have to order the code card through the main Fiat dealer for my country, and the reply was both times the same. They claim not to have my cars chassis number in the official Fiat database and therefore can not supply the code card. Only possibility is to change the computer, keys, and locks and get new ones with a new code card but this option is too expensive. I suspect the main dealer is giving me **** because this other company is selling cars bypassing them. When I enter my chassis number in eper I get the correct output for my model, equipment etc.. :bang:

I also have only one key and cannot make a copy without the dam code card.

Is there someone who would try to order the code card for my car from another county?

Please PM me if someone is willing to help. :eek:

Thanks.

Maybe best to send NumanR, or any other of the FIAT techs, a PM - hopefully they can sort it for you, or at least guide you towards obtaining one.

Good luck :)

Back