Technical Connect Nav+ users, please read!

Currently reading:
Technical Connect Nav+ users, please read!

Are your units' vocal directions accurate?

• Software 9.9; directions inaccurate

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Question: Why have so many people commented on this thread, yet only 8 have voted in the poll? :confused:

Just done a weeks holiday using sat nav, with 9.8...not only are distances wrong in 1/2 mile or 300yds whichever you choose turn.... :bang:
but also on a number of occaisions it didn't pick up satellites, so sat nav had no idea where i was..... had to go and buy an old fashioned road map :cry:

Has anybody else had this problem with 9.8. Never had this problem with 8.5, just the screeching......:bang:

heh, so the general consensus is what? stick with 9.9 if you have it? or if you dont get it?

good job my connect nav+ came with 9.9

(question, are we not going to ask connect nav users with the small display if they've had trouble?)

thanks pensuke, i have got a small one :rolleyes: . and it gave me the same problem too.

but as far as i know, there isnt any updated discs for the connect (non colour) version. heck, 2 dealers didnt even know what it was! (y)

(question, are we not going to ask connect nav users with the small display if they've had trouble?)

Connect Nav users are obviously free to comment, but since the Connect Nav and Connect Nav+ units use different software, I made this poll specifically for Nav+ users.

i have 9.8, and just voted.

I have used the sat nav quite a few times and all over england, wales, and the scottish border. I have to say that i have never noticed this problem.

I look at the small matrix display between the dials, which accurately tells me when to turn etc, and ive never had problems with satelites disapearing, i always seem to have at least 5-6 satelites in view?

Sorry to dissapoint but mine seems to work very well. Im on the brink of getting rid of it tho, as i want something that plays mp3's, dvd's, and tv etc.

The only problem that i do have with mine is that when playing music cd's, it stops for a split second then resumes, as if the cd is scratched or the unit is jumping. Ive tried all different types of cd and mp3 disc but always seems to be there.

I have used the sat nav quite a few times and all over england, wales, and the scottish border. I have to say that i have never noticed this problem.

Anthony, we have the issue where the displayed remaining distance is perfectly accurate (so in your case, the Active TFT display would be fine), but the voice instructions are both inaccurate and do not correlate to the written distances.

Do you have this issue?

:) Hi all, Im new here. Just bought a abarth selespeed 2.4. Its still running the cn+ from 2002. anyone know where I can get get an upgrade?
Thanx:p

Shouldn't there be another answer in the poll such as OK, but could do better :D Mine is usually Ok, spoken distances aside and I get the odd occasion where it decides I'm driving down the centre of a river or on the m5 when i'm actually on the m4. Running v9.8.
Is 9.9 available yet? if so what are the differences?

Hi,
Mines a 2003 model, I suspect no upgrade since. Where o you check for software version (I'll vote asap)? Does the later version of the software allow for inputing postcodes?
Cheers,
Steve

hi all, read that someone else has the issue with the cd jumping for no reason what so ever, any conclusions for this?

Went out to drive to test the sat nav and voice commands and is spot on! tested it at varying speeds, 10mph to 132mph and was fine... in miles also. (version 9.8)

personally i would prefer the sat nav to be playing up and the music to play without jumping... wanna swap?!

Went out to drive to test the sat nav and voice commands and is spot on! tested it at varying speeds, 10mph to 132mph and was fine... in miles also. (version 9.8)

Obviously this was on your personal, private, personal test track, right MK85??

unfortunately not dogspod. HOWEVER, it appears that my NAV, which appeared fine, is NOT AT ALL. yesterday the voice instructions were out by a few metres and i ended up lost navigating around a nearby neighbourhood.

damn thing, thought i was a lucky one!!!:bang:

hello, people.
I'm new in the forum,
who can give me the image of firmware 9.7 or 9.9,
because my actualy firmware it's 8.1 and in Croatia
it's imposible to find it.

Thank's in advance
Iwe

Back