General Connect mp3 player

Currently reading:
General Connect mp3 player

ElectronicFur

Can someone advice me how I could connect an mp3 player to the Stilo stereo? I have the radio & cd player integrated in the dash,

Cheers,
EF

I dont think that the Stilo head unit will accept anything other than the proper blaupunkt or visteon CD changer that havn't got mp3.
I think that the only way to get mp3 is to install the stilo head unit that reads mp3 and you can find theese on e-bay for a pretty reasonable price and they should be a pretty straight forward fit

Good luck! (y)

Yeah, I dont care too much about the showing the track info, just connecting up my mp3 player, so Hellcats idea sounds the way to go.

Tsch, no poxy ipod for me, I have some sense you know, that's why I choose a Stilo ;)

I have a proper mp3 player, smaller than any ipod and 42 hours battery life on one AA :) I wonder how the Dension icelink gets the track info on there tho, thats neat.

Bought me a cable you mentioned,

378292lb00fb4ty.jpg

fits exactly, but I can't select the cd-changer input...

The radio doesn't seem to see the mp3 player...

It's a Grundig High end radio in a Marea Weekend.

Perhaps somebody here knows how to get it working..

Greetings, Mark

Oke, here it is:

wisselaar9ic.jpg

Connect pin 13 with pin 15, this will enable the AUX input of your radio.
Then connect input from for example MP3 player:

Ground: pin 18
Left: pin 19
Right: pin 20

I ordered the cable at: www.conrad.com

Greetings, Mark

Has anyone got this to work on a stilo yet?

I bought this cable a while ago but due to moving house never really followed it up.

Any results would be interesting!:)

does anybody have the part number for this cable? ive looked at all the menus on that website, but cant find it? I have the connect Nav+, does that diagram apply my stereo aswell? I would love to do that..... :cool:

I got mine from KTD. They were very sweift with the delivery too! I'm not sure about the Connections on the back of the NAV+ unit however, someone else will have to help there.

Pete.

if the blue connector plug on the above pic is the same as the plug on the nav+, then its an almost a certanty to have the same wiring. I'll check pics out on the forum, i know theres a pic of the rear of the Nav+ on here somewhere.

How much was the wire? EDIT... Just clicked on the link and seen the price!

I always had my mp3 hooked up with one of those cheap fm transmitters off ebay- think I paid less than a tenner for it and the sound quality was excellent, even at high volume. They don't do anything cool like displaying what's playing but they also don't involve fiddling about with the back of a fitted stereo unit!
Of course, my cigar lighter -which powers it- is dead, so I need to sort that out first. Bugger! :p

Hi mark. Can you please translate to me what pin 16 and 17 say. Many thanks anthony tutton

Mark_Holland said:
Oke, here it is:

wisselaar9ic.jpg

Connect pin 13 with pin 15, this will enable the AUX input of your radio.
Then connect input from for example MP3 player:

Ground: pin 18
Left: pin 19
Right: pin 20

I ordered the cable at: www.conrad.com

Greetings, Mark

Right I have got the wire and tried connecting pin 13 + 15 as suggested, to enable the aux input but this has not worked. I have however managed to swtch my amp via the connect nav head unit. Any more suggestions on how to trick the connect nav in to allowing the aux or cdc to become available?

Head unit is out ready for answers! (y)

Back