CONFUSED ABOUT WHEEL PCD

Currently reading:
CONFUSED ABOUT WHEEL PCD

Hi all
So I'm building a trailer which has hubs taking a 100 PDC 4 stud wheels
The wheels originally fitted are 17" wolfrace alloys but the PDC written on the wheel says 2 PDC does that mean that this wheel will fit 98 to 100 PDC hubs?
Steve

Short answer is no, if the pdc on the hubs says 100, stick to 100…I’ve seen folk fit ‘wobble bolts’ to enable figment of other PDC wheels and regretted it wehn they need regular bearing changes and/or wheel wobble…they were popular in offroad circles, can’t imagine why!

Usually if there are 2 PCD then there will be 8 bolt holes, 4 for one PCD and 4 for the other.

Wobble bolts shouldn't affect anything to do with bearings or wheel wobble, the centre bore should lock in and carry all that force. If the bore is different then you can get spiggot rings to pack it out. Bearings would be affected by offset more than anything else if different wheels are fitted.

(In saying that, I'd never fit wobble bolts and only have proper sized wheels)

Usually if there are 2 PCD then there will be 8 bolt holes, 4 for one PCD and 4 for the other.

Wobble bolts shouldn't affect anything to do with bearings or wheel wobble, the centre bore should lock in and carry all that force. If the bore is different then you can get spiggot rings to pack it out. Bearings would be affected by offset more than anything else if different wheels are fitted.

These wheels have 4 bolt holes only!

Yes, you’re right, I should have been clearer
We bought a second hand flat-bed/hay trailer, which had had new bearings fitted.
After three months the bearings were shot, after stripping everything down and replacing the bearings, on rebuild I found that yes, the wheels were a different size center and that wobble bolts had been used.
The wheels had ford stamped into them and were 4mm out on PCD and 8mm out on center diameter, (we got new rims from trailertek)

Yes, you’re right, I should have been clearer
We bought a second hand flat-bed/hay trailer, which had had new bearings fitted.
After three months the bearings were shot, after stripping everything down and replacing the bearings, on rebuild I found that yes, the wheels were a different size center and that wobble bolts had been used.
The wheels had ford stamped into them and were 4mm out on PCD and 8mm out on center diameter, (we got new rims from trailertek)
I've checked the PDC of the wheel and it is also 100 pdc
So I'm still not sure why the wheel is stamped 2pdc with four bolt holes
Like I said it's wolfrace wheel so not a bad make
And wobble bolts are not fitted
I still think these are designed to be used for 98 PDC as the bolt holes are quite large in diameter

I've checked the PDC of the wheel and it is also 100 pdc
So I'm still not sure why the wheel is stamped 2pdc with four bolt holes
Like I said it's wolfrace wheel so not a bad make
And wobble bolts are not fitted
I still think these are designed to be used for 98 PDC as the bolt holes are quite large in diameter
I’ve looked on trailer and tyre/wheel sites…
There is no information on ‘2PCD’ not even on the US sites, I suspect it maybe a manufacturer ID/batch…as for the possible explanation for 8 stud, it would still have the same PCD

Back