DTC Confusion (P0747-78)

Currently reading:
DTC Confusion (P0747-78)

TazzyK

Hi All,

I have a 2010 Alfa Romeo 1.3 JTDm (95bhp) which I believe is a Fiat engine and used in many Fiats, so I've joined in high hopes that you will be able to help me out here!

So, I've just got the car running ("new" injectors, used [but noisy] in tank fuel pump, serviced the high pressure fuel pump with new seals etc. [is this where I messed up?]) at which point it threw up the code P0747 on my generic OBD. The generic OBD lists this as a transmission regulator (and this is why I'm confused as all P07** codes are supposed to be generic and transmission-related, but this car is obviously a manual).

I've used MultiECUScan, which reports this as a P0747-78 "Fuel Capacity Regulator (High Pressure) Stuck On" and that the "alignment or adjustment [is] incorrect". Based on this, I've replaced the fuel regulator (new, but a Chinese speciality!) as well as a new fuel rail sensor (from the same place) - the issue however, remains.

The error details are as follows:

Operating Time: 263002 min
Engine Speed: 837 rpm
Engine Temperature: 48.50 C
Battery Voltage: 11.493 V*
Injector Voltage: 49.049 V
Total Fuel Quantity: 16.068 mm3/i
Intake Air Quantity: 299.0 mg/i
Fuel Temperature: 18.0 C
Fuel Pressure: 690.00 bar
Desired Fuel Pressure 378.00 bar
Pressure Regulator Opening (MPROP): 44.419 %

Particulate Filter Regeneration: OFF**
EGR Exchanger Exclusion Valve: ON

*Car had sat for a while, but I checked the DTC again after clearing it and the battery voltage was 13V+ but it gave the same error
**Does need a regen as the light is on but showing at only 40% full.

I think the issues are the three items in bold above, but where do I go from here??

Any help appreciated. Thanking you in anticipation!

Attachments

• P0747-78.jpg
    P0747-78.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 156
Back