Help!! Genuine fiat parts so confusing

Currently reading:
Help!! Genuine fiat parts so confusing

Hello everyone I'm just looking for some advice on genuine fiat parts for my car, the part I'm having problems with is knowing which parts will fit my car. I've looked at the ePER are the OEM numbers for the parts on here the only ones which would fit my car??
For example when I've checked on ePER and then on shop4parts they give a different OEM number for my vehicle which is fiat stilo 1.9 jtd 04 plate so does that mean there's several different OEM numbers that fit my car?

Thanks in advance

Hi, Welcome to the FF.

If you're using the forum copy of ePER, it's from 2004/2005, so many part numbers and all prices will be out of date. It could be that Shop4Parts are using later changed part numbers.

Also, for some items, Fiat list a new and reconditioned part number. These numbers will be different for the same part.

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice from everyone and where download the up to date ePER, I would really appreciate it, if someone who may have the latest ePER burned on a DVD already if they could give me a full list of the different OEM for each part that would be compatible for my car.

The parts are as follows

Front shock absorber
Rear shock absorber
Front brake discs
Front brake pads

Thanks in advance

A general piece of information.

The whole Fiats/Alfa parts system is driven via Model Number and Chassis Number. Only these two numbers will guarantee a correct spare parts listing and part part number.

As has already been pointed out part number change, often very frequently. These part number changes can be due to a number of reasons.

Here are a few typical reasons (NOTE MANY MORE EXIST)

1) part redesign / upgrade
2) change off supplier
3) cost reduction program
4) refactoring of parts into new production models

The list goes on.

If you want to privately PM me your car exact model info an chassis number I will reply with part numbers as valid on ePER Ed.68 March 2012.

A point to note is that the Fiat part number history/traceback is very very good so if my March 2012 part number has been superceded then not only will a Fiat dealer know the current part number they/me can tell you all the previous parts numbers used over the years for that part. Often one can also see why the part number changed, e.g. redesign etc. etc.

I have to stress here that the ONLY part validity information is that defined in the latest/current ePER catalogue, which is why one is best of approaching a current Fiat dealer if looking for parts information on recent Fiat models.

Back