computer help- only simple

Currently reading:
computer help- only simple

right ok, it seems my laptop is right messed up, and needs clearing lol

so if i put my programmes, and files i want to keep on a usb memory stick thing, and then put in my windows XP disk will that wipe m harddrive of all the crap stuck on it? and make it like new but will my programmes and files i want to keep? hope so, lol :)

im thinking of buying a laptop from ebay with smashed screen and missing battery, keyboard, memory, harddrive etc but got the mother board and cpu with pentium 4 running 2.8ghz, will it run better than my celeron 2.6ghz?

THANKS!! (y)

matching laptop stuff together is almost impossible as the internal connections are rarely standard.

Your programs probably won't work after since many entries are put into the registry. I suggest you back up your documents and saved games and bin the rest.

Hellcat said:
matching laptop stuff together is almost impossible as the internal connections are rarely standard.

Your programs probably won't work after since many entries are put into the registry. I suggest you back up your documents and saved games and bin the rest.
the laptops the same as mine so surely will all be compatable?

hmmm, i duno, cos i cant delete my modem software and internet software because i have lost the disks ages ago.

should be, if you replace the motherboard with the new Pentium chip on.... If all you are doing is basically switching everything excluding your motherboard, celeron chip, and screen over - it should work ok....

What make is it?

You can always get your drivers from the manufacturers website. If not there then windows update can search for drivers. If you're paranoid then backup everything (windows directory especially) and that gives you the best chance of being able to get the drivers loaded.

in theory it should work, i do it alot where I work (a school) where the wonderful students have this amazing habit of trashing the hell out of the laptops we have.

We use packard bell or NEC so if i can help out i will

Back