General Compressor map for garrett T15

Currently reading:
General Compressor map for garrett T15

3mm wall thickness is damm thick, its what i used as re-enforcement for me cage, how much does the mani weigh??

I wouldnt like to bend it, i had trouble shaping the plates for the rear arches, even with some serious heat it still took alot of effort

3mm is thick for a manifold, many are only 1.6mm ~ 2mm thick, hence why he has made a big point of it in his blurb in selling that one.

On the integrale you have a support bracket that bolts to engine block and one of the 4 studs that the turbo bolts to, this takes a fair bit of the weight away from the main cylinder head studs.

On the weld-el front, I've located 3 possible suppliers within a 30 mile radius, hi alloy and stainless, so may pop out next week and see what's what. The bummer is going to be locating a suitable piece small enough for the end plates (don't really fancy buying a full sheet of 321 in that kind of thickness!) and getting someone to plasma cut it!

Thinking on, high alloy probably makes a lot more sense than stainless if the thing is going to be ceramic coated, anyway! ;) And then, there's no chance of re-using the GT15 one if I do find a dual entry Legacy turbo at a sane price.......

We shall see. Turbo Cinqy took a day to make his, so budget 3 days for old slow coach........

dunno, the guy who done it said its the first one hes done like it lol was the biggest compressor h could fit in the housing anyways lol he was gonna machine a t25 housing to fit the t15 but couldnt figure it out so went with the t20 as its the largest compressor he could fit in the housing after machining it to fit.

havent got my car running yet so dont know how it performs but would boost up faster then the t15 as standard as it spins up the same only compressing more air :)

dunno, the guy who done it said its the first one hes done like it lol was the biggest compressor h could fit in the housing anyways lol he was gonna machine a t25 housing to fit the t15 but couldnt figure it out so went with the t20 as its the largest compressor he could fit in the housing after machining it to fit.

havent got my car running yet so dont know how it performs but would boost up faster then the t15 as standard as it spins up the same only compressing more air :)[/QUOTE

nice :) u'll have to let me no what the results are m8, spose one of the down sides of fitted a turbo with a samll turbine and a large compressor is this can cause surge unless the sizing of the turbo has been determined correctly using a compressor map for that turbo.
:)

Back